I was tagged by the lovely, Ari of The Daydreaming Bookworm to do the Book Pastry Tag. Thank you for tagging me! 🙂 I’m trying not to get hungry because of these pastries. Haha! Let’s start shall we:
Croissant: Name a Popular Book or Series That Everyone (Including You) Love
- Aside from Harry Potter series which majority of us love, I have to say Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. This is one of my all time favorites and it made me love Greek Mythology. [It helped me on my Literature class and made me push to read Mythology by Edith Hamilton — which is a classic novel and not my cup of tea]
Macaron: Name a book that was hard to get through but worth it at the end
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. It took me months to finish this book and Stieg Larsson’s writing style is quite challenging to get through. I even fell asleep while reading it. The pace starts to pick up by 50% mark until the end and I love it. It’s a worth read because I met my favorite badass heroine, Lisbeth Salander.
Vol-Au-Vent: Name a book that you thought would be amazing but fell flat
- Never Never Part 3 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher. I’m expecting a mind blowing ending for this.. Oh well.. It’s an underwhelming ending. 🙂
Pain Au Chocolat: Name a book that you thought to be one thing but turned out to be something else
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I really thought this is a horror novel because the cover and its vintage pictures looked eerie. It turned out to be a time travel fantasy. I’ve been punk’d.
Profiterole: Name a book or series that doesn’t get enough attention
- I have a lot of answers for this but I choose Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. It is one of the cases I’ve watched the movie first and read the book after (because I didn’t know it’s based on a book). I love them equally and I think this book is one of the best YA contemporary romance novels I’ve read.
Croquembouche: Name a book or series that’s extremely complex
- Without any doubt, In the Company of Killers series by J.A. Redmerski. I’m obsessed with this series. I love the characters, plot twists, romance, action scenes and writing style. Believe it or not, it keeps getting better. I highly recommend this series.
Napolean: Name a movie or TV show based off a book that you liked better than the book itself
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. Though I shed some tears on the book, it didn’t made me cry hard unlike the movie version. Shane West and Mandy Moore portrayed the characters really well.
Empanada: Name a book that was bittersweet
- The Crown by Kiera Cass. My heart breaks because my ship didn’t sail. Still, The Selection series is fun to read. I’m just going to shake off my bitterness. haha!
Kolompeh: Name a book or series that takes place somewhere other than your home country
- So many options for me, I pick Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracey Chevalier. The book takes place on Netherlands. 🙂
Pate a Choux: Name one food from a book or series that you would like to try
- Seriously every food mentioned in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. When there’s a feast on Hogwarts.. damn. Even the candies from the Hogwarts Express trolley. Talk about BUTTER BEER. I want to try this too.
If you want to do this tag, I’m officially tagging YOU! 😉 Have a great day lovelies!