This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. For this list, I’d like to share to you my nostalgic ships. Here are the book couples I ship during my teenage years:
- Adrian Ivashkov & Sydney Sage (Bloodlines by Richelle Mead) – I’m sorry Dmitri and Rose, I ship Sydrian more. I have heart eyes for Adrian Ivashkov and I’m glad he found the love of his life, Sydney.
- Lola Nolan and Cricket Bell (Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins) – Most people I knew ship Anna and Etienne but I’m rooting for the underdog couple Lola and Cricket. They’re so cute together and both of them have great character developments.
- Prince Maxon Schreave and America Singer (The Selection by Kiera Cass) – No matter how predictable this series is, the romance between them is lovely I swoon. I don’t mind rereading the first three books. (The 5th book is cancelled to me! haha)
- Beatrice Prior and Four / Tobias Eaton (Divergent by Veronica Roth) – I love them until Allegiant happened. *cries in the corner*
- Patch Cipriano and Nora Grey (Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick) – When paranormal romance is still popular, this series is one of my jams. The angsty romance between Nora and Patch. Oooh la la. So sexy. ❤
Those are my top nostalgic ships. Who are your favorite nostalgic ships? Feel free to share in the comments!
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of gingerreadslainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. This is a freebie week so I choose to talk about my Top 5 Favorite Romance Tropes. Without further ado here are my favorites:
- Enemies to Lovers Romance – It’s an automatic read for me if a book has an enemies to lovers trope. I live for the banters and tension between the characters and the chemistry is always LIT!
- Forbidden Romance – There is something captivating about this trope. I love when characters break the rules so they could be together. The romance? SPICY.
- Mafia Romance – I have a soft spot for this trope. I love the thrill, action, romance and suspense. Mostly it contains trigger warnings such as violence, gore, profanity etc. and these books are maybe out of your comfort zone. I’m still hunting for great ones and I’ll make a list soon of all of my favorite mafia romances.
- Friends to Lovers Romance – What I love about this trope is that the characters know each other so well. The friendship creates a tight bond that makes their relationship stronger and better chemistry. AAHHH! I melt.
- Second Chance Romance – Nothing is more satisfying than to see old flames reunite and most of the time they made me emotional. Usually the couples / characters with this trope became mature after years being apart.
Those are my favorite tropes. I didn’t mention my favorite books / series for each of them because I’m planning to make a list in the future. What are your favorite book tropes? Do you have any favorite books from a specific trope? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments. Have a fruitful week lovelies!
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. Here are my top five favorite book covers in no particular order:
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang – I’m a sucker for teal covers and this one was simple yet eye-catching.
- The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon – The most creative YA book cover. Enough said. The string art was stunning. I love it.
- Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven – Among Leisa Rayven’s books, this is my favorite book cover. I love this shade of blue (Sapphire Blue).
- One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters – Simply beautiful. As for the story, you’ll fall in love and cry over this. One of the most underrated romance novels indeed.
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi – Honestly one of the most breathtaking covers ever designed.
What are your favorite book covers? Let me know on the comments below or drop your T5W link.
I’ve added a lot of books on my TBR list and as years went by, my reading taste changed and I lost my interest to some of them. I clean up my TBR pile every 6 months and here are my top 5 books I’ve removed. This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Gingerreads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes. You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page.
- The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram – I added this book ages ago because of its blurb. Years gone by, I lost my interest. I’m taking a pass.
- Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan – I forgot why I added this book.
- Torment by Lauren Kate – Since the first book was excruciatingly boring, I don’t see a point of giving the rest of it a chance.
- Beneath This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas – As soon as I’ve read This Man and hated it, I removed the sequel from my list.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher – This is one of the popular books during my college years. It’s a good thing I didn’t read it due to its problematic content.
What are the books you’ve removed on your TBR? Feel free to let me know on the comments.
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. This week’s topic is about the books I planned to read in 2017 but I didn’t have a chance to and here are my top 5 on my list:
- The Man in the Black Suit by Sylvain Reynard – SR is one of my favorite romance authors of all time and his latest novel was one of my most anticipated books last year. It’s a romantic suspense and I’m excited how everything will turn out.
- Most of All You by Mia Sheridan – It’s been a while since I’ve read Archer’s Voice. It’s wonderful to go back in reading Mia Sheridan’s novels. I’m currently buddy reading it with Rachmi. 🙂
- Dear Bridget, I Want You by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland – Catching up on this duo’s co-written novels and I’ll be buddy reading this with Sharon 🙂
- Without Merit by Colleen Hoover – I was about to read this book last year but due to the mixed reviews, I decided to hold it off. Crossing my fingers this is good.
- Ghosted by J.M. Darhower – Ms. Darhower stepped outside the mafia realm and explores in second chance romance. I’m confident I’m going to love this. Also going to buddy read it with my dear friend Rachmi 😀
What are the books you’re supposed to read in 2017 but haven’t? Feel free to share your thoughts on the comments below. Have a wonderful week everyone!
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. For this week’s topic: Nostalgic Book Boyfriends. Here are my favorite book boyfriends I swooned over years ago.
- Bryce Loski from Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen – He’s the only good boy on this list. How can I not love Bryce? He’s just so adorable and Callan McAuliffe portraying in the movie was splendid.
- Alex Fuentes from Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles – Here’s one of my favorite bad boys in YA Fiction. I love the angst between him and Brittany. He may be rough on the edges but the way he treats Brittany’s sister will make you appreciate and love him more.
- Noah Hutchins from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry – Noah, Noah, Noah. Another favorite bad boy of mine. I love the chemistry he shared with Echo. He’s a resilient foster kid. He protects all those people who mattered to him and makes sure they’re safe.
- Lucas from Easy by Tammara Webber – My first favorite NA book boyfriend. Lucas has this bad boy image (but he’s not really a bad boy) and he made me swoon a lot.
- Andrew Parrish from The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski – Before my obsession with In the Company of Killers, here’s Andrew Parrish is legit one of the most swoon worthy book boyfriends ever.
Who are your Nostalgic Book Boyfriends / Girlfriends? Feel free to share it on the comments below.
This weekly meme is hosted by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and Sam of Thoughts on Tomes. You can check out the weekly topics on Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. For this week’s topic: Favorite Bromances. Who doesn’t love solid male friendships that sometimes you ship them hard? Since I have limited options, the last two I’m going to mention are from TV series. Without further ado, here are my picks:
- Loren Hale, Connor Cobalt & Ryke Meadows (Addicted / Calloway Sisters series by Krista & Becca Ritchie) – These guys are my top pick and so far the best bromance I’ve encountered in book.series. I’m so amused with their bickering and I cherish all those moments. I love the friendship between these 3 guys. Such an unbreakable bond.
- Garrett Graham, John Logan, Dean Laurenitis & John Tucker (Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy) – We have another solid friendship here. The Briar Hockey players have different personalities but they’re all goofy and swoon-worthy. Out of these 4 guys, Dean is my favorite and Tucker running second.
- Ignazio Vitale & Lorenzo Gambini (Monsters in His Eyes trilogy by J.M. Darhower) – Unlike the first two picks, the bromance between the made men is evident only on Target on Our Backs (book 3/final book). They may be frenemies, but these two showed loyalty for each other.
- Tsukasa Domyouji, Rui Hanazawa, Soujirou Nishikado, & Akira Mimasaka (Hana Yori Dango / Boys Over Flowers) – One of my all time favorite Asian Dramas inspired from the manga series: Hana Yori Dango by Yoko Kamio. It all started with Meteor Garden (Taiwanese version) when I was in grade school and I was addicted since. I’ve watched the Japanese and Korean version.
- Goblin and Grim Reaper (Goblin) – My recent favorite bromance. I’m so obsessed with Goblin and Grim Reaper’s friendship (GIF: Iconic walk ftw!). The early episodes in this K-Drama will make you laugh out loud but as the episodes went on, it became more serious and emotional. I’m still not over it after I finished it two months ago and I can’t even watch another TV series. Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook better reunite in a drama or movie! Love their bromance chemistry ❤ ❤ ❤
Who are your favorite bromances? Feel free to share on the comments or link your T5W so I can check it out. Have a great day everyone!