I watched The Avengers: Endgame weeks ago with my office mates and boy, I shed tears. It was a great movie but I slightly love Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War more. Anyways, I’m tagged by one of the loveliest people in the book community Salve of Cuckoo for Books (Definitely check out her channel and subscribe!)
Through the years I began venturing on romance genre, a lot of my friends recommended me great romance novels. I have read some of them but others remain sitting on my TBR pile. It’s either I was distracted from other hyped books or I forgot to read them. I’d like to share my list of authors whose books has been on my radar but never had a chance to start.
Pretty Reckless, the first standalone in the highly anticipated All Saints High series from USA Today bestselling author L.J. Shen, is coming April 29th and we have the gasp-worthy cover!
We were supposed to be best friends
But turned out to be worst enemies…
They say revenge is a dish best served cold.
I’d had four years to stew on what Daria Followhill did to me, and now my heart is completely iced.
I took her first kiss.
She took the only thing I loved.
I was poor.
She was rich.
The good thing about circumstances? They can change. Fast.
Now, I’m her parents’ latest shiny project.
Her housemate. Her tormentor. The captain of the rival football team she hates so much.
Yeah, baby girl, say it—I’m your foster brother.
There’s a price to pay for ruining the only good thing in my life, and she’s about to shell out some serious tears.
Daria Followhill thinks she is THE queen. I’m about to prove to her that she’s nothing but a spoiled princess.
Everyone loves a good-old, unapologetic punk.
But being a bitch? Oh, you get slammed for every snarky comment, cynical eye roll, and foot you put in your adversaries’ way.
The thing about stiletto heels is that they make a hell of a dent when you walk all over the people who try to hurt you.
In Penn Scully’s case, I pierced his heart until he bled out, then left it in a trash can on a bright summer day.
Four years ago, he asked me to save all of my firsts for him.
Now he lives across the hall, and there’s nothing I want more than to be his last everything.
His parting words when he gave me his heart were that nothing in this world is free.
Now? Now he is making me pay.
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2FZssQ7
Cover Designer: Letitia Hasser, RBA Designs
Model: Austin Victoria
About LJ Shen:
L.J. Shen is an International #1 best-selling author of Contemporary Romance and New Adult novels. She lives in Northern California with her husband, young son and chubby cat.
Before she’d settled down, L.J. (who thinks referring to herself in the third person is really silly, by the way) traveled the world, and collected friends from all across the globe. Friends who’d be happy to report that she is a rubbish companion, always forgets people’s’ birthdays and never sends Christmas cards.
She enjoys the simple things in life, like spending time with her family and friends, reading, HBO, Netflix and internet-stalking Stephen James. She reads between three to five books a week and firmly believes Crocs shoes and mullets should be outlawed.
Connect with L.J. Shen:
Stay up to date with L.J. Shen by signing up for her mailing list:
Hello fellow bookworms! Today I’d like to share a list of my dream author collaborations for the New Adult and Adult Romance category. I’ll make a separate list for the Young Adult category. Without further ado, here are my top ten pairs in no particular order:
A. Emma Chase and Vi Keeland
- With Ms. Chase exceptionally writing male POV while Ms. Keeland on female POV, it’ll be great to see them team up for an office romance / romantic comedy. Their books will not only make you swoon, it’ll make you laugh and emotional as well.
B. J.A. Redmerski and J.M. Darhower
- Either contemporary romance or romantic suspense, I’d love to see Ms. Redmerski and Ms. Darhower collaborate. It’ll be fantastic if they’ll write a mafia romance series. These two ladies are amazing in characterization, romance and plot twists. #MafiaQueens
C. Samantha Young and Penelope Douglas
- BRING ON THE ANGST! They’ll be awesome in writing an enemies to lovers romance. With their charismatic male leads and feisty heroines, I’m sure it’s swoon worthy. 😉
D. Sylvia Day and Maya Banks
- They are exceptionally great authors in writing quality erotica romances. I’m not sure if they’ve written in this subgenre but I’d love to see them collaborate in an erotica thriller. I think they can
E. Pepper Winters and E.K. Blair
- I badly want my dark romance queens to collaborate. If this happens… HOLY SHIT. You’re in for a ride and it’ll be insane. They know how to stir those dark twists and push you out of the comfort zone.
F. Amy Harmon and Sylvain Reynard
- I had a lot of thinking on who am I going to pair Ms. Harmon with for a novel. It was a close-call between two authors my gut says Mr. Reynard. Both authors are complex. Whether it’s paranormal, historical or contemporary, this pair can deliver a passionate, romantic novel with a unique twist.
G. Brittainy C. Cherry and Kennedy Ryan
- I’d love to see Ms. Cherry and Ms. Ryan to collaborate in a novel. They have a lot to showcase and explore thought provoking issues, not just romance. I am confident they’ll make us emotional too.
H. Tarryn Fisher and Alessandra Torre
- It’ll be interesting to see these lovely authors to write a romantic thriller / romantic suspense. Expect for unreliable narrators and mind blowing plot twists from them. 😉
I. Sierra Simone and R.K. Lilley
- I swear these two authors write sexy and kinky sex scenes. I want any trope but I prefer them to write an angsty forbidden romance. 😛
J. Elle Kennedy and Sara Ney
- These two write brilliant sports romance novels and of course I want them to write from that trope. Imagine hockey players and wrestlers together but instead of the guys, I want female athletes.
These are my dream author collaborations for new adult and adult romances, who are your dream author collaborations? What trope or genre would you like them to explore? I’d love to know in the comments. 🙂 ❤
It’s Valentine’s Day and I thought I’ll recommend romance series that I enjoyed and are binge-worthy to read. I tried my best mixing my recommendations in different age groups and shed more light on backlist titles. Here are the series:
Samantha Young’s upcoming novel Things We Never Said (Hart’s Boardwalk #3) is coming this May 7th 2019! I’m excited to reveal to you the cover and blurb of this book and it’s gorgeous!
Cover Design by: Hang Le
Release Date: May 7th 2019
Local metalsmith and gift shop owner, Dahlia McGuire, likes her quiet life in Hartwell, Delaware. It’s the perfect place to hide from her family and the tragic events that led to their estrangement. However, when her father, the person she loves most in the world, needs her Dahlia has no choice but to return to Boston to face her ghosts. One of those happens to be her ex-boyfriend’s best friend, Michael Sullivan. The man she was never supposed to fall in love with.
Michael Sullivan has never forgotten Dahlia McGuire. Some might say he’s never gotten over her. For years he lived with the anger of her desertion, and now, newly-divorced, he’s finally ready to move on. That proves impossible when Dahlia returns to Boston and reawakens their explosive connection. Despite everything, Michael wants her back, but Dahlia can’t seem to let go of the tangled emotions of the past. When she flees home to Hartwell, Michael follows, determined to do everything in his power to convince her they belong together.
However, when the unthinkable hits the quiet seaside town, Michael finds himself trying to unravel more than the mystery of Dahlia’s broken heart. It’s time for truths left unsaid to finally be spoken or Michael and Dahlia might find themselves torn apart forever…
PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY:
US: Nook | iBooks |Kobo | Smashwords | Amazon
UK: Links to follow
About the Author:
Samantha Young is the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of adult contemporary romances, including the On Dublin Street series and Hero, as well as the New Adult duology Into the Deep and Out of the Shallows. Before turning to contemporary fiction, she wrote several young adult paranormal and fantasy series, including the amazon bestselling Tale of Lunarmorte trilogy. Samantha’s YA contemporary novels The Impossible Vastness of Us and The Fragile Ordinary are published by Harlequin Teen.
Samantha is from a small town in Central Scotland and is known for her romantic stories set in her beloved home country. She is currently published in 30 countries and is a #1 international bestselling author. When she’s not writing books, she’s buying shoes she doesn’t really need and searching for nooks and crannies to shelve her ever-expanding book collection.
Follow Samantha Young on her social media:
Read a short sneak peek from chapter two below or grab the full, first two chapters here: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/qi0wfckd79
It was the gorgeous guy I’d seen in the elevator. And here I thought we’d had a little spark.
Bennett Fox grinned like he’d already been named my boss and ex-tended his hand. “Welcome to Foster Burnett.”