In celebration of the Halloween Season in Filipino tradition, I will be doing The Undas Book Tag. Believe it or not, it’s my favorite season because nothing beats telling spooky stories in the dark and also honoring our dearly departed love ones. Sadly, my family won’t be able to go to Quezon Province to visit my maternal grandparents & uncle’s graves due to pandemic. I would like to thank Kate of Your Tita Kate for creating this tag and also for tagging me! I am also accepting her bonus challenge to answer each questions only using the books I’ve read in 2021. 🙂
Without further ado, let’s begin:
Circa 2011. I was on my Freshmen Year as a Nursing Student and I make sure that I balance my time studying and reading leisurely (sometimes you need to take a break on reading textbooks). I didn’t realize I’ve been a reader for a decade. I read occasionally when I was young but it wasn’t until 2011 where I get to read full length novels.
It’s quite a journey and I remember being engrossed to Harry Potter series, Twilight Saga, House of Night series etc. I still have those books on my shelf and with this tag created by Rincey Reads and I found this tag thru Zezee with Books, let’s take a look back on my reading tastes back on 2011 and compare it to this year — 2021.
Continue reading “10 Year Challenge Book Tag”
I enjoyed watching videos with Anti-TBR tag because I’m curious about everyone’s unpopular opinions and many thanks to Nicole and Her Books for creating this. I’m not tagged by anyone and thought I should do this.
Let’s begin with the questions:
Continue reading “Anti-TBR Book Tag”
Hello guys! Work was exhausting that I neglected my books, my blog and it also affected my health. Taking a leave of absence gets me back on track and did a lot of self-care routines. Before I go back to reality, I’ll do the Nope Trope book tag and thank you so much Salve of Cuckoo for Books for tagging me!
Here are the questions:
Continue reading “The Nope Trope Book Tag”
2020 is one hell of a year and definitely life changing because of the pandemic and we have to adapt into the “new normal”. It’s also a good escape for most of us and spent time reading. Checking in for my reading goals: I’ve read 58 of 100 books this year and I’m right on track! Today, I’ll share with you my reading updates — best and worst books etc. this year.
Continue reading “Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag (2020)”
I wasn’t tagged by anyone to do this but I watched Steph @ Stephs Romance Book Talk did it and I love her answers for each questions. The original creator of this tag is Tia @ tia and all the books . Make sure to check out their videos and subscribe to their channels.
I am tagging these amazing bloggers to do the tag:
Let’s proceed with the tag!
Continue reading “The Book Snob Tag”
I watched The Avengers: Endgame weeks ago with my office mates and boy, I shed tears. It was a great movie but I slightly love Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War more. Anyways, I’m tagged by one of the loveliest people in the book community Salve of Cuckoo for Books (Definitely check out her channel and subscribe!)
Continue reading “The Avengers Book Tag”
Hello lovelies! Today I’ll be doing the Audiobooks Tag. It was created by Katie @ Books and Things. (Click the link to check out the original video!) I wasn’t tagged by anyone, I just watched it on YouTube and I thought this is a great tag to share my reading experience about audiobooks.
In addition, I’ll be getting few questions from Audiobooks Tag (2.0) which was created by Jen @ Jen Talks Audiobooks (click the link to check out the original video). I am subscribed to her channel for a while and I enjoyed listening to her audiobook reviews in different genres.
Continue reading “The Audiobooks Tag”
I was tagged forever ago by Ari of The Romance Corner to do this tag. Thank you for tagging me, Ari! Sorry I’m so late for this. (>.<) Definitely go check out her blog if you love awesome book discussions and book recommendations especially romance novels.
-Thank the person who tagged you.
-Match a book to each of the songs/characters below.
-Tag as many people as you like.
“Tale As Old As Time” – A popular theme, trope or setting you’ll never get bored of reading
- Enemies to lovers will forever entertain me. This trope is my jam because I love stories with angst and tension. The romance is always explosive and I’m a sucker for this.
Belle – A book you brought for its beautiful cover that’s just as beautiful inside too.
- I got One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters for the #NALitLoversPH monthly buddy reads and my goodness, this book has a stunning cover and its story is emotionally beautiful. I SOBBED.
Beast – Book you didn’t expect much from but pleasantly surprised you.
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer isn’t as well loved as the Twilight Saga. I dive in with low expectations and this chunky book is twice better than Twilight Saga in terms of writing, characters, plot and romance.
Gaston – A book that everyone loves that you don’t
- I still don’t get why people love this poetry book. It’s uninspiring, bland and ordinary.
Lefou – A loyal sidekick you can’t help but love more than their counter part
- MY BOY KENJI KISHIMOTO from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I love this dude. No explanations needed.
Mrs. Pott, Chip & Cogsworth – A book that helped you through a difficult time or that taught you something valuable
- During my teenage years, I had difficulties socializing with people and one time I was left out. It was a terrible feeling. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky taught me to be honest with yourself and don’t be afraid to express your feelings.
“Something There” – A book or a series that you wasn’t into at first but picked up towards the end
- L.J. Shen’s books are a hit or miss for me but I grew to love her Sinners of Saint series. I wasn’t even a fan of the first book but its second (Ruckus) and final book (Bane) were my favorites.
“Be Our Guest” – A fictional character you’d love to have over for dinner
- I’d love to have a dinner with my favorite swoon-worthy male lead Professor Gabriel Emerson from Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard. Maybe a private intimate dinner in the orchard. Let me have a moment with my Dante. Sincerely, Beatrice 😉
I am tagging:
Tiffany @ Read by Tiffany
Justine @ Bookish Wisps
Shaine @ Wanderer in Neverland
Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall
If you haven’t done this tag, I am tagging you. 😉
I was tagged by the lovely Justine of Bookish Wisps to do this. Thank you again for tagging me! 🙂
1. Link back to the original creator, Naty @ Naty’s Bookshelf
2. Also link back to the person who tagged you!
3. Name one book for each category. Try not to repeat books to make this more fun!
4. Tag at least 5 people.
Continue reading “What’s In My Bookshelf Tag”