I am tagged by Melissa @ In A Bookish World to do this tag (Thank you lovely!) am not going to miss it because Pokemon is one of my all time favorite games. ❤ This tag is created by the amazing Aentee @ Read At Midnight . Definitely check out her blog! ❤
Without further ado, let’s begin the Pokemon Go Book Tag!
- The first book that got me into reading was True Philippine Ghost Stories. This is a popular horror anthology series when I was in Elementary School. I read these books before I jumped in on actual novels like Heidi by Johanna Spyri, Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (what really got me love to read more. First novel series that I owned) and Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer (what got me back to reading and here I am, still reading..)
- Classic novels may not be my forte but Inferno by Dante Alighieri is an exception. It’s challenging to read this book but I enjoyed it in the end. Also, Mythology by Edith Hamilton (I owe The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan for motivating me to read this book)
- As of now, Throne of Glass series by Sarah J.Maas. I’ve only read the first book and I really enjoyed it. It’s a hyped series and people tend blurt out spoilers. I kinda lost my interest but who knows? I might pick it up again.
- In Flight by R.K. Lilley. It’s like a mash up Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James and Bared To You by Sylvia Day but the story gets better on its sequels which I loved.
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I have the bind up edition of the 7 books and it’s pretty chunky and intimidating. The texts are small too.
- Recently, Broken Prince by Erin Watt kept me awake at night. It’s so freaking addicting. My anticipation was real.
- So many options, I ship Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean Song Covey from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. Now that they have a third book.. I’m excited. 😉 More of these two lovebirds. ❤
- My favorite Pokemon ❤ (I adore Fire type pokemons.) Any book written by Kasie West are always fast-paced read and they’re romantic too.
- Another favorite Pokemon of mine. (Espeon as my favorite evolution) Can The Royals trilogy by Erin Watt have a spin-off series? Easton Royal as the main character? YES PLEASE.
- For someone who doesn’t read much Historical Fiction and Magical Realism, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern surprised me with its awesome writing style, magical world and a little romance. It’s so enchanting that I want to be in that world.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I heard amazing things about this book and I am looking forward to dive in despite of the hype. [Also it’s categorized as New Adult. You know how much I love NA books]
- My answer for this would be The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. The collector’s edition of that book is STUNNING. Also The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (though I haven’t read it but it’s pretty!)
- I’m excited to read Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lygia Day Peñaflor. I heard nothing but great things on it. Supporting Filipino Authors ❤
- For YA (10): J.K. Rowling, Jenny Han, Kasie West, Katie McGarry, Marie Lu, Veronica Rossi, Stephanie Perkins, Michelle Hodkin, Rick Riordan and Veronica Roth | For NA (10): J.A. Redmerski, Colleen Hoover, Abbi Glines, Tammara Webber, Elle Kennedy, Erin Watt (Elle Kennedy & Jen Frederick), Leisa Rayven, Krista & Becca Ritchie, Penelope Douglas, and Lisa De Jong. For Adult (10): Pepper Winters, E.K. Blair, Nora Roberts, Sylvain Reynard, Samantha Young, Caroline Kepnes, Jojo Moyes, Sylvia Day, Alessandra Torre/ A.R. Torre [she writes NA books as well] and Christina Lauren
- Always & Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han, OMG. Book Gods granted my wish for the third book but I hope it will not be ruined. [John Ambrose McClaren, stay away from my ship. I love you but get your own love life. Just not Lara Jean.] It comes out on 4/2017.
I am tagging:
..and tagging you! Feel free to do this tag 🙂 Have a lovely day everyone!
I was tagged by the lovely, Nicka of Readbynicka to do the Greek Mythology Tag. Thank you Nicka for tagging me! 😀
Zeus [Jupiter] | God of the Sky and Thunder | King of the Gods : Favorite Book (Choose your Own Category!)
- Aside from In the Company of Killers, one of my favorites this year is Sempre by J.M. Darhower which is a YA – NA mafia themed book [This year, mafia/assassin/mob/gang theme is my obsession]. The writing style is so good with amazing characters & family drama.
Hera [Juno] |Goddess of Marriage and Family : Cutest Book Couple
- I have multiple answers for this. My all time favorite couple is Juli Baker and Bryce Loski from Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen (both book and movie). I feel so giddy with their innocent, fluffly love story. So damn adorable!
Poseidon [Neptune] | God of the Seas and Earthquakes : Book That Drowned You with Feels
- I choose the second book of Emi Lost and Found series Time Stands Still by Lori L. Otto. My damn feels for this book. One of the best tearjerkers of all time. I still have to read the final book (My heart is too broken that’s why I haven’t read it yet. haha)
Athena (Minerva) | Goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Strategic Warfare: Series with the Best World Building
- Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi. The first book is challenging to read due to the unfamiliar terms used. What amazes me is the thrilling world building and the plot gets better as you go along the series. It’s one of those dystopia novels I want to see as a film. Much better in 3D. Give me some Smarteyes and Senses. (Not Aether storms. They’re scary.)
Hades (Pluto) | God of the Underworld : Favorite Book with a Dark / Ominous Plot
- Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas. I trust this author when it comes to YA mystery novels. This book might not be as mindfuck as Dangerous Girls but it has more gore and the characters are legit twisted.
Aphrodite (Venus) | Goddess of Love and Beauty : Most Beautiful Cover on 2016 release
- I’m a sucker for blue covers and Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven is totally my favorite cover of 2016. This is the third book in the Starcrossed series but can be read as a standalone.
Ares (Mars) | God of War and Bloodshed : Most Violent Book You’ve Read
- The Life of Anna novella series by Marissa Honeycutt. This book is also the darkest one I’ve ever read. It has a lot of trigger warnings [Taboo story, abuse in all forms and you don’t want me to mention it all here] and will test your comfort zone. I’ve only read part 1 and it drained me. Cringe-y
Hephaestus (Vulcan) | God of Blacksmiths and Fire : Scorching Hot Swoon Worthy Character
- I have to pick only ONE? Damn, I got a long list for this one. HAHA! The scorching hot swoon worthy character for me is Professor Gabriel Owen Emerson from Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard. HOT DAMN DANTE SPECIALIST. He’s romantic, passionate, sexy-inferno-hot guy. Just imagine David Gandy 😉 (You’re welcome!)
Artemis (Diana) | Goddess of the Hunt and Virginity : Favorite Kickass Heroine
- Without any doubt, Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Hands down for this woman. Why? She’s a professional hacker with a photographic memory, hates misogynists, Hurt her or her love ones – she’ll get a bigger weapon and do the worse. She’s one character that can never be underestimated. She’s dangerous despite of her fragility. She’s my spirit animal.
Phoebus Apollo | God of Light and Healing : Sequel Book that Redeemed its Series
- I really like City of Bones. However, I become more engrossed to continue The Mortal Instruments series because of City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. It has a huge improvement than the first one. 🙂
Hermes (Mercury) | Messenger God of Thieves and Commerce : Book with the Best Message
- For One More Day by Mitch Albom – Love, Appreciate and Spend Quality time with your parents. Don’t wait for the time you’ll regret that you weren’t able to show how much you love them once they leave this world.
Hestia (Vesta) | Goddess of the Hearth and Home : Book with the Most Relatable Story
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. There are times you feel left out on a group of friends and you had a hard time getting along with people. Sometimes you pretend to be someone just to get in the crowd. This book is truly relatable and touching. It makes me remember that each of us is unique, we can do what we want and just be yourself.
Demeter (Ceres) | Goddess of Fertility and Agriculture : Favorite Bookish Setting
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Always ❤
Dionysus (Bacchus) | God of Wine and Celebration : 2016 Release You are Most Anticipating
- Only a few days to go. Broken Prince by Erin Watt is coming out. MY GAME FACE IS ON FOR THIS BOOK.
I am tagging these lovely bloggers to do the tag:
and YOU! Please feel free to do this tag if you want to 😉
I was tagged by the lovely, Ari of The Daydreaming Bookworm to do the Book Pastry Tag. Thank you for tagging me! 🙂 I’m trying not to get hungry because of these pastries. Haha! Let’s start shall we:
Croissant: Name a Popular Book or Series That Everyone (Including You) Love
- Aside from Harry Potter series which majority of us love, I have to say Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. This is one of my all time favorites and it made me love Greek Mythology. [It helped me on my Literature class and made me push to read Mythology by Edith Hamilton — which is a classic novel and not my cup of tea]
Macaron: Name a book that was hard to get through but worth it at the end
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. It took me months to finish this book and Stieg Larsson’s writing style is quite challenging to get through. I even fell asleep while reading it. The pace starts to pick up by 50% mark until the end and I love it. It’s a worth read because I met my favorite badass heroine, Lisbeth Salander.
Vol-Au-Vent: Name a book that you thought would be amazing but fell flat
- Never Never Part 3 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher. I’m expecting a mind blowing ending for this.. Oh well.. It’s an underwhelming ending. 🙂
Pain Au Chocolat: Name a book that you thought to be one thing but turned out to be something else
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I really thought this is a horror novel because the cover and its vintage pictures looked eerie. It turned out to be a time travel fantasy. I’ve been punk’d.
Profiterole: Name a book or series that doesn’t get enough attention
- I have a lot of answers for this but I choose Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. It is one of the cases I’ve watched the movie first and read the book after (because I didn’t know it’s based on a book). I love them equally and I think this book is one of the best YA contemporary romance novels I’ve read.
Croquembouche: Name a book or series that’s extremely complex
- Without any doubt, In the Company of Killers series by J.A. Redmerski. I’m obsessed with this series. I love the characters, plot twists, romance, action scenes and writing style. Believe it or not, it keeps getting better. I highly recommend this series.
Napolean: Name a movie or TV show based off a book that you liked better than the book itself
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. Though I shed some tears on the book, it didn’t made me cry hard unlike the movie version. Shane West and Mandy Moore portrayed the characters really well.
Empanada: Name a book that was bittersweet
- The Crown by Kiera Cass. My heart breaks because my ship didn’t sail. Still, The Selection series is fun to read. I’m just going to shake off my bitterness. haha!
Kolompeh: Name a book or series that takes place somewhere other than your home country
- So many options for me, I pick Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracey Chevalier. The book takes place on Netherlands. 🙂
Pate a Choux: Name one food from a book or series that you would like to try
- Seriously every food mentioned in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. When there’s a feast on Hogwarts.. damn. Even the candies from the Hogwarts Express trolley. Talk about BUTTER BEER. I want to try this too.
If you want to do this tag, I’m officially tagging YOU! 😉 Have a great day lovelies!
I stumble on this new tag and I really like the questions. If I’m going to be the ruler of books, these are the things that I want to do in my bookish world. This tag is created by Ariel Bissett (click her name to watch the original tag video). Let’s get this started:
What book would you make everyone read?
- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. This is probably one of the most underrated YA novel I’ve encountered. The innocence, realistic and genuine love story captivated me. Also, there are other issues tackled
What would you abolish in book construction?
- Excerpts / Teasers. There are moments you want to take a sneak peek on the sequels or on the other books but I just don’t like the cliffhanger. Also, when you thought the book is 465 pages long.. the reality the excerpt for the sequel/other book is 30 pages long. [I just find it annoying]
What author would you commission to write you any book?
- Katja Millay. She is the author of The Sea of Tranquility and to be honest, her writing is beautiful and needs more appreciation. I definitely want her to write books more than ever.
What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books?
- Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James. Though I enjoyed books 2 and 3, this is an overrated erotica series and I’ll replace it with other ones that I think are written better.
What cover artist would you commission to make a mural?
- The cover artist for The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Helen Musselwhite.
What characters face would you put on a coin?
- Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Who wouldn’t love her? she’s one professor that I really adore.
What book would you award the “Ruler of Books” 2016 Prize to?
- In the Company of Killers series by J.A. Redmerski. At the moment, this series reigned on my Top Books of 2016 and I can’t separate them because all the 6 books that are currently out are equally brilliant and badass.
I am tagging these awesome people to do this tag:
If you aren’t tag and you want to do it, please feel free to do this. 🙂 It’s really fun!
It’s time for another book tag. Thank you JM of Book Freak Revelations for tagging me to do the RIP IT OR SHIP IT Book tag. I’ve seen this a lot on YouTube. It’s really funny when characters from different books are paired up. Some of them are interesting and some of are just.. NO WAY. I wrote the character names in tiny pieces of papers and just pick them randomly. Without further ado, let’s begin.
That’s what He said Thursday is hosted by chapterbreak.net . In this meme, we get to post a favorite line from our favorite book boyfriends to their heroine. This is more of a dialogue kind of post and it’s not a physical description of the hero but a line spoken to their heroines. (for more information click here )
“What are a thousand cities to me if I am without you?”
“Are you certain?” she asked, returning his stare.
“If I lose you, I lose everything. You are the only goodness in my world.”
- William York to Raven || The Raven by Sylvain Reynard
I saw this on Ms. Susanne’s Blog (susannevalenti.com) and decided to give this one a try because I love Harry Potter so much. I kinda miss it you know. It’s been a while since I’ve read and watched Harry Potter so why not relive the moment in this tag? If you want to do this tag, feel free to do it. 🙂 This is gonna be a long tag.
1. Favorite Book?
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I just enjoyed this out of all the books in the series. Horace Slughorn. Felix Felicis. Sectumsempra. Snape. Yep. I love this book. This might not be as action-packed as it is, this is more of revelations.
2. Least Favorite Book?
- Hmm.. I don’t know. I think I’ll go with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I find this book dragged a bit and I can’t stand Dolores Jane Umbridge. Damn this arrogant professor who loves cats and pink stuffs.
This tag is created by Lainey of gingerreadslainey. For the Goodreads Group: Top 5 Wednesday to check for every week’s topic. For this week’s topic: Halloween Recommendations! Time for some spooky reads or probably horror movie recommendations. 🙂
True Philippine Ghost Stories
- Throwback to my Elementary Days when I’m into short stories than novels. TPGS (True Philippine Ghost Stories) is a compilation of stories by those people who have supernatural encounters or experiences. I used to collect several volumes and read it before my classes starts. Some of them are legit and creepy and some are quite hard to believe. Still, I enjoyed reading it.
The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco
- I’ve read this recently and I really like the story. It reminds me of The Grudge and The Ring movies – Japanese version, which scared the heck out of me. This is definitely a quick read. Check out my full review here.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Just looking at the cover it seems pretty mysterious and creepy. You know what, it is creepy and unpredictable. This is a psychological thriller / paranormal romance. It’s fun reading this and make your own theory of what happens next. Tip: If you don’t have the second book and you are reading this, GRAB IT. It’s a cliffhanger. Read my review here.
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
- This is one of those books with an easy writing style but will put you on the edge of your seat. I started this book around 7pm and ended up sleeping around 4 am. I had goose bumps. I couldn’t sleep. The ambiance was really scary and made me nervous. Ten teens. Three Days. One Killer. –> seriously. You just want to find out who’s the killer. You can read my full thoughts here.
Dark Secrets 1: Legacy of Lies & Don’t Tell by Elizabeth Chandler
- I picked this book randomly because it’s on sale and decided to give it a try. I didn’t expect that this will make me shiver. It contains two mystery/thriller stories which are fast-paced and enjoyable. I like them both.
Horror movie recommendation (Additional):
(Left to Right: Shutter, The Grudge: Ju-On, A Tale of Two Sisters, Feng Shui, The Eye) – These movies might be old, but THEY ARE AWESOME AND SCARED THE HECK OUT OF ME!
What are your Halloween Recommendations? Have you read or watched any of these? Feel free to share in the comments 😉
It’s October? What? Time flies by too fast and I’m here to do again the Top 5 Wednesday. This tag is created by Lainey of gingerreadslainey. For the Goodreads Group: Top 5 Wednesday to check for every week’s topic. I skipped the previous topic which is the Top Graphic Novels because I haven’t read that much of it but I’m planning to get into it soon. So, feel free to leave me some recommendations. Going back, this week’s topic is Favorite Diverse Characters! These characters maybe a person with color, have different race, LGBTQ, characters with disability and mental illness, etc. Just not the typical ones we see in books.
Here are my favorite diverse characters:
Sephy Hadley – Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman
- Sephy is a dark skinned lady. In their world, dark skinned people (Noughts) rule the government and majority of them are rich while the white people (Crosses) are the laboring class. In their society, they must stick in their own kind or they suffer on the consequences. I love Sephy because she treats both kinds with respect and she wants equality on their society. She couldn’t stand how other Noughts treat the Crosses and she stood up for them despite carrying her family name (his father is part of the government).
Will Traynor – Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Yes lovely people. I love Will Traynor so much. He is a quadriplegic man who determined to end his life. Before his accident, he is a successful, rich, businessman and an adventurer. I love his sarcasm, and boldness. He is a motivator to Louisa Clark. I just love this man, okay? ❤
Alex Ridgemont – Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- She is an interesting, unreliable character. Alex suffers from Schizophrenia, so there are times she doesn’t know the difference between the reality and hallucination. Despite of battling a mental illness, she tries her best to be normal and get along with other people. Aside from that, I like her wits. I am seriously entertained with her character.
Moses Wright – The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon
- Another favorite character of mine. Moses is a person with color. He’s dark skinned and flawed.He’s a crack baby (being left by his drug addict mother on a laundry basket). Growing up on a small town, people are scared of him. He wasn’t a type of person who gets along. He’s just messed up but his ability? it’s special. Really special artist.. (I can’t tell you about it because that will be a spoiler.) I am amazed by his talent.
Magnus Bane – City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Oh yes friends! How can I not resist my favorite Demon Warlock? The sexy Magnus Bane!! YES! He is charming, witty, attractive, powerful and sexy . Alec, you one lucky bastard! He’s somewhat Asian as well. (as far as I can remember)
How about you? who are your favorite diverse characters? what are the characteristics you like in them? feel free to share on the comments! 🙂
I was tagged by the lovely Sandee of Aria Stuck in Wonderland to do the 3 Days, 3 Quotes Book Tag. Thank you for tagging me! Now on to the final day for this tag. By the way, if you want to do this tag, feel free to do it! I’m tagging YOU. 😀
The Rules for this tag:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Post 3 quotes per post for 3 consecutive days. (this has been edited; people have been changing this to fit their likings)
3. Nominate three new bloggers each day.
My Quotes for the Day
“Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.”
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
- Nicholas Sparks is well known for his romance novels and definitely tear jerkers. However, The Last Song made me wept the most. Aside from the romance aspect, I also love how it tackles forgiveness. Especially with the main character’s relationship with her father. Such a beautiful story.
“I’m not going to apologize for the way I’ve led my life.”
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson
- I wasn’t really into mystery novels until this series. (Before it was a trilogy until someone continued Mr. Larsson’s work) It took me months to finish the first three books and it’s never easy to get into it. I must say the female protagonist in this series is truly my favorite badass heroine. She’s a hacker who have a photographic memory but a fighter. You do not want to mess with the Lisbeth Salander. That woman is a beast. Oh and that line above, preach Mikhael Blomkvist!
“When you love someone, its never over. You move on, because you have to but you take them with you in your heart”
Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
- Only a few people talked about this book and I wish they know more about it. Kissed by an Angel is one of those books that deserved the hype. It’s a paranormal romance / mystery book and the story is amazing and it made me cry. It’s about a girl who lost her faith in angels because her boyfriend died in an accident. Her boyfriend came back as her guardian angel to warn her that she’s in danger. He continues to communicate her and tries to make her believe again in angels. I swear, it’s a beautiful novel.