This weekly meme is hosted by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and Sam of Thoughts on Tomes. You can check out the weekly topics on Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. The topic for this week is Hate to Love Ships. This is my favorite topic this month because I enjoy reading Hate to Love romance and sometimes they get on my nerves. It’s my guilty pleasure kind of books.
Here are my Top 5 Hate to Love Ships:
- Connor Cobalt and Rose Calloway from Kiss the Sky by Krista and Becca Ritchie – These two started off as rivals, both are intelligent and competitive on everything and guys, their love story OMFG OFF THE CHARTS AMAZING. COBALLOWAY IS RELATIONSHIP FUCKING GOALS. If I want to be a book character for a day, I want to be Rose Calloway so I can have Connor Cobalt.
- Joshua Templeman and Lucy Hutton from The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – I’ve read this book early this year and I absolutely love this office romance as our protagonists hate each other and constantly throw witty banters. It’s so funny, entertaining and effin’ adorable.
- Caine Carraway and Alexa Holland from Hero by Samantha Young – Aside from On Dublin Street, this is one of my favorite hate-to-love romance by Samantha Young. I love Alexa for always pushing Caine’s buttons and damn… SEXUAL TENSION EVERYWHERE. This book has a family drama and there’s a reason why Caine is a jerk at times. He’s quite hot and cold.
- Jared Trent and Tatum Brandt from Bully by Penelope Douglas – When it comes to hate-love romance, Penelope Douglas’s books are a must try. This is a story of childhood best friends who fell apart as Jared starts hating Tate when he came back from a vacation. Tate doesn’t know why he hates her and it went on for years. Both characters hurt each other and somehow make up for the lost time as Tate seeks answers from him. Bully is told in Tate’s POV and if you’re curious on Jared’s POV, I recommend Until You.
- Reed Royal and Elle Harper from Paper Princess by Erin Watt – I am addicted with this book / series. If you love Hana Yori Dango / Boys Over Flowers / Meteor Garden then you are going to love this book. Hands down to Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick!
Who are your favorite hate to love ships? Feel free to share it on the comments or link your T5W post!
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. This week’s topic is about books that I think can be good as video games. 🙂 There are lots to choose from and breaking down to five is quite challenging.
- In the Company of Killers by J.A. Redmerski – This is the first one that came out of my mind. I think it’s going to be an amazing action/shooting game. Story mode: Pick an assassin as playable characters or it can be a co-op multiplayer game or even VS Game. Shit. It’s. Going. To. Be. A. BLOODY.
- Girl From the Well by Rin Chupeco – For this, it’s going to be an adventure/horror game. Okiku (The ghost) will be the playable character in helping lost souls as they seek justice and Okiku is the one to hunt them down.
- The Martian by Andy Weir – Survival / Adventure Role Playing Game. Mark Watney as playable character as he figures out to survive in Mars and communicate back to Earth. Eventually, he gets back to Earth. P.S. BOTANY POWERS
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – Adventure/Magical game. It’s going to have a Harry Potter-kind of vibes. Better experience in Virtual Reality.
- Legend by Marie Lu – RPG / Action / Adventure either June or Day will be playable characters. Each will have their own story mode. Well… good luck on Champion. ALTERNATIVE ENDING PLS. Haha!
What are some books do you think can be great video games? Let me know your thoughts on the comments!
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. This week’s topic is about books that I think can be future classics. 🙂
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – Without any doubt, this is my top answer. haha
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson – This introduced me to my all time favorite badass heroine: Lisbeth Salander. She’s a misfit in the society, a professional hacker and a protector. She hates misogynists and if anyone pulls out a weapon, she’ll get a bigger weapon than yours. I admire this woman very much.
- Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer – This Saga might got you into reading / brought back your reading mojo. It was a sensation back when I was in High School and I owe this series for a reason.
- Easy by Tammara Webber – One of the best pilot NA books I’ve read along with Slammed by Colleen Hoover, and The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski. The story was captivating and romantic. You’ll also learn something here to prevent abuse. It’s handled really good.
- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen – The most relatable YA / MG book ever. An innocent puppy love story that I adore up to this day. I’m forever obsessed with this. Both book and movie.
What are the books that you think should be a future classic novel/series? Let me know on the comments.
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. Here are my 5 Favorite Angsty Romances 🙂
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young – One of my all time favorite NA/ Adult novels. Joss Butler and Braden Carmichael’s chemistry was off the charts and the constant push-pull makes their moments intense and steamier. Joss grieves over the loss of her family and isn’t ready for commitment while Braden pursues this lovely yet closed off lady. He encourages her to slowly open up her feelings.
- Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard – If you’re into slow burn forbidden romance, I recommend this book. This is about a graduate student and a Dante specialist. I have a soft spot for brooding heroes and Professor Gabriel Emerson is my favorite. He has a troubled past and hopes to redeem himself. *sighs* I love him for being passionate, romantic and protective man.
- The Bastard Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon – I’ve read this recently and I love it! Elijah Crane is one of the broodiest hero I’ve encountered and I adore this guy to bits. This is the third book in a trilogy but it can be read as a standalone.
- Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower – Ignazio Vitale is complex and holds many secrets. I devour this trilogy and I’m impressed on how it turned out. The second book in this trilogy has the most angst as the protagonists try to regain trust with each other. If you love Romantic Suspense or Mafia Romance, you’ll enjoy this one.
- Any book by Penelope Douglas – When it comes to angst-y romances, you can never go wrong with Penelope Douglas. I love her Fall Away series and her standalone novels: Misconduct and Punk 57. I have yet to read her other series Corrupt.
What are your favorite angsty romance novels? Feel free to share it in the comments below.
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. I’m going to share you the books or characters I felt betrayed by. Warning: So. Many. Feels. Can’t. Be. Handled. #Hugot.
- Champion by Marie Lu – “Hi, I’m Day.” “Hi, I’m June.” Me: Flips the table, throws the book, sobs in the corner. HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME, MARIE LU?! [If you know what I mean ;)]
- The Crown by Kiera Cass – I feel so betrayed by the main character’s choice. I’m not sold with the guy she ended up with. It’s a big joke.
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth – You know what happened in the end. It was heartbreaking and sad. 😦
- We Can Be Mended by Veronica Roth – This novella should have never existed. It takes 5 years after the event on Allegiant. Well rumors are true about this one character. I didn’t read this novella and just spoiled myself…It truly rubs me the wrong way. Quite disrespectful in my opinion.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander / J.K. Rowling – When I’ve read this, I thought there’s an actual story… Well, it’s very much a text book filled with monsters and its description. I haven’t read the one based on the movie adaptation.
What are the books/characters you felt betrayed by? Feel free to share it in the comments.
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. This week’s topic is innacurate book covers.
- Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy – I love this sports romance series but I wasn’t a huge fan of the cover changes. I prefer the ones with chiseled abs because it screams about Hockey players, not this girly covers.
- Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young – The hero in this book has tattoos but in the cover… na da!
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes – This is an old edition but the cover doesn’t live up to its story. I swear, the story is amazing and beautiful.
- The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco – I prefer the one with the Sadako / Kayago-like girl on the cover because it looks scary and accurate to the story unlike this one filled with crows.
- Willing Captive by Belle Aurora – If you’re going to look at it, it looks like an erotica novel. Don’t be deceived by it because it’s not.
What are the books that you think doesn’t match with the story? Feel free to share or leave your Top 5 Wednesday links 😉
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. This week’s topic is: Books I Want as TV Shows.
- In the Company of Killers series by J.A. Redmerski – You are probably tired of me talking about it over and over again. This is the number one on my list as a TV show. I WANT IT SO BADLY. LET ME SEE MY FAVORITE ASSASSINS ON TV. I swear, this is a badass series that will put you on the edge of your seats.
- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead – The movie adaptation flopped. I think it will be good as a TV series given with proper casting for the characters. Give justice to this awesome vampire series!
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas – More assassins. I may have only read the first book but this series has a great potential to become one.
- Crossfire series by Sylvia Day – You might be screaming at me for wanting an erotica series to be a TV show. Calm down peeps. This series has a great sexy romance and I enjoy the conflicts going on with this series. TV shows nowadays have explicit scenes.
- Addicted / Calloway sisters series by Krista & Becca Ritchie – This is going to be one entertaining series if it happens. OMFG. Seeing Lily, Rose and Daisy Calloway? DAMN QUEENS then Loren Hale, Connor Cobalt & Ryke Meadows on screen? I will shamelessly touch or kiss the fucking TV screen.
What are the books or series you want as TV shows?
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. The topic for this week is: Books I Will Never Read. The books I’m going to mention are the ones I’ve outgrown and lost my interest. Also, I already made a list of book series I’m not going to continue.
- Gone series by Michael Grant – Before, I really like to give this a try but I keep forgetting to read it. Now it’s being pushed down to my TBR list and I wasn’t in the mood to read it anymore.
- The Calling by James Frey – Honestly, I wasn’t really into his writing style. I’m just not a fan of him too. I’m just going to stay away from his books.
- Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs – I didn’t enjoy Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and I completely lost my interest in this world. I know this book is to be released and I’m one of those people who isn’t excited about it.
- The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings – As much as I enjoy dystopian novels, most people I knew didn’t enjoy this book and I trust them on that.
- Asylum by Madeleine Roux – I tend to be picky when it comes to horror novels and I have high hopes this book will scare me. However, I have a strong feeling it will not give me goosebumps. So… pass!
Have you read any of these books? What are the books that you will never read? Feel free to share on the comments or share your link on Top 5 Wednesday!
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. The topic for this week is: Books I Want To Read Before the End of the Year. There are lots of books that I want to read before 2016 ends and here are my prioritized TBR books:
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff – I may have heard mixed things about this book but I’m obsessed with assassin themed books this year and I’m definitely gonna give this one a try.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – Nicola Yoon’s writing style is really captivating. I am going to read this book very soon because I love The Sun Is Also A Star (November 2016).
- Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren – More likely the rest of the Wild Seasons series. I adore this duo when it comes to new adult / adult contemporary romance novels. I ended up enjoying Sweet Filthy Boy and I’m excited to continue this series.
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz – LISBETH SALANDER IS BACK! I MUST READ THIS. ASAP! MY FAVORITE HEROINE. ❤ Continuing Stieg Larsson’s legacy but I’m crossing my fingers it will lived up to my expectations.
- I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga – I’m intrigued by this book for a while. The summary looks promising and I heard amazing things about it. This book might put me on the edge of my seat. 🙂
These are the books that I want to read before the end of 2016. Have you read any of these? What are the books you want to read before the end of 2016? Feel free to share in the comments! Have a lovely day bookworms! ❤
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. The topic for this week is: Books I Wish Had Sequels.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – This is the first book that comes out of my mind. I’ll never get enough of this book because of its enchanting writing style and the world is so magical.
- Champion by Marie Lu – Our hearts were shattered in this final book..If you know what I mean 😉 Honestly, I want more June and Day. I am begging to Marie Lu for another book! [cries.]
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – One of the YA Contemporary Romance with a cliffhanger-ish ending. I’m really curious what happens next for Eleanor and Park. I just adore these two and I want a perfect ending for them.
- Dead to You by Lisa McMann – The ending was a jaw dropper. Total mindf and vague. I just want answers on the mystery part and put my mind at ease.
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson – It’s such a fun summer road trip book. I wonder if Amy and Roger will have another road trip because that will be super fun!
What are the books that you wish had sequels? Feel free to let me know or post a link of your T5W on the comments 🙂