More celebration on the Halloween season because I’m participating this year on Smutathon which is hosted by Riley of Riley Marie and Lainey @ gingerreadslainey. The readathon will start on October 25th – October 31st. They have a bingo board challenge as a guide and a group book: A Lady of Rooksgroove Manor by Kathryn Moon. The books on my TBR will be subjected to changes depending on my mood and I will be buddy reading some of the books on my tbr with my book gf, Rhyzza (@bookclubph). You guys should follow Rhyzza, she has great taste in romance novels.
Continue reading “Smutathon TBR 2021”
TGIF everyone! Smutathon is back this weekend and it’s hosted by Riley @ Riley Marie and Lainey @ gingerreadslainey. This readathon is only for two days and thankfully, those are my rest days. These are the potential books I might read. I’m horrible following a TBR.
- Your Dad Will Do by Katee Robert – Just in time this was recently published and DAMN the teasers
- Theirs for the Night by Katee Robert – I haven’t read MMF romance for a while. This one looks promising.
- Sweet Filthy Morning After by Christina Lauren – I have the audiobook on Scribd and I’m about to revisit my bae Ansel Guillame!
- Raze by Tillie Cole – I’m in a huge mood for a mafia romance and this book is on my radar for years! I’m buddy reading this with Kat @ Reading After Ten and Elena @ The Queen Reads. I’ll start this once the clock struck midnight.
- Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore – I rarely explore historical romance. Maybe this is my gateway to it? I’m excited to buddy read this with Eunice @ Nerdy Talks Book Blog
Those are my plans for the weekend and anything varies depending on my mood. We’ll see if I can manage to read as many as I can. 🙂 Happy Smutathon folks!
We’re down to my last batch of book recommendations and this one has a trigger warning. The books I’m about to share are all dark romances and this sub-genre isn’t for everyone. Expect subjects that will make you cringe like abuse, profanity, drugs, kidnapping and all the crazy dark shits I don’t even want to mention because it’s problematic. You’ll probably need a re-breather for these books.
I warned you guys. These books are dark and twisted. Brace yourself and READ THESE BOOKS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Here are the books:
Continue reading “Smutathon Book Recommendations: Out of Your Comfort Zone [Dark Romances]”
Happy Wednesday everyone! Here’s the second batch of my smutathon book recommendations featuring the following categories:
- Authors of Color
- Second Chance Romance
- Fake Dating
- Different Worlds
You can check out my first batch of recommendations here. Without further ado, here are my recommendations:
Continue reading “Smutathon Book Recommendations: Authors of Color, Second Chance Romance, Fake Dating and Bad Boy / Bad Girl”
There are two weeks left before #Smutathon begins and I’m sharing my book recommendations. I did a book recommendation last round and you may check out my post (#Smutathon v. 2.0: TBR and Recommendations) since some of the categories are included for this round.
For my batch 1 of my recommendations, the categories included are the following:
- Enemies to Lovers
- Forbidden Romance
- Friends to Lovers
- Vacation Romance
I don’t want my post to be lengthy and I’ll just recommend five (5) books per category. But feel free to ask me other books aside from the ones I listed. Without further ado, here are the books:
Continue reading “Smutathon Book Recommendations: Enemies to Lovers, Forbidden Romance, Friends to Lovers and Vacation Romance”
June is the month of romance readathons and I’m so excited as Smutathon returns for round 3! This readathon begins on June 3rd – June 9th and it’s hosted by Lainey (gingerreadslainey) and Riley (Riley Marie).
The books I picked are based on the official book bingo. I have three books for each category so I’ll have options in case I didn’t like my first choice. Here are the books I planned to read:
Continue reading “#Smutathon TBR : Round 3!”
Yaaassss! Lainey @ gingerreadslainey and Riley @ Riley Marie are hosting Smutathon Round 2 this coming December 10th – 16th 2018. Check out their videos for the mechanics and categories. You have the choice to pick the 7th trope by voting here. Though I might start on the last 2 days of the readathon and here’s my ambitious TBR:
- Enemies to Lovers : Nero by Sarah Brianne
- Friends with Benefits : Sincerely Carter by Whitney G.
- Fake Relationship : Hitched by Kendall Ryan
- Forbidden Romance : Twist Me by Anna Zaires
- Slow burn Romance : Burn For You by J.T. Geissinger
- Different Worlds : Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa
- Workplace Romance : Still by Kennedy Ryan (I’m continuing the series and I’m not ready for this series to end. This counts right because Bristol is Grip’s manager… haha) P.S. I hope this prompt wins.
I listed down books I recommend for each category and possible categories they might fit into. I hope this’ll help you and fellow readers for your #Smutathon TBR. I don’t want to elaborate much of these books’ synopsis because some of them are best to read blind.
Enemies to Lovers
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt – This series reminds me of Meteor Garden / Hana Yori Dango. If you love that manga / tv series, you might love this. It’s loaded with drama. You’re not going to worry about the cliffhangers since it’s completed.
- Hero by Samantha Young – Aside from On Dublin Street, this is one of my favorites by Ms. Young. She’s great in writing angsty romances especially enemies to lovers. We have a feisty heroine and an asshole CEO. Lots of family drama and the sex scenes? Fiery and sexy. (It can also fit to workplace romance / friends with benefits — they’re quite frenemies in this book)
- Bully by Penelope Douglas – A New Adult romance author who’s great in writing enemies to lovers is none other than Ms. Douglas. I devoured this book and I hope you’ll love Jared Trent and Tatum/Tate Brandt’s story. It’s really angsty.
- Hot Asset by Lauren Layne – This is one of the books I finished in #Smutathon Round 1. Damn the sexual tension in this book is freaking good! I love the banters between the characters as well. It’s about an investment broker who’s been accused of insider tipping and a SEC investigator was assigned to monitor his activities. (It can also fit on Forbidden Romance)
- Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward – For this one, you’re in for drama and angsty-filled story. Soraya and Graham’s sexual tension = LIT. Ms. Keeland and Ms. Ward can balance the romance and drama.
- Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey – It’s both hilarious and a bit annoying but it’s lighthearted. If you need a quick read, this one is great. (It can also fit for Workplace Romance)
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – I don’t need to explain why you should read this right? Lucy and Josh will make you swoon. (It can also fit for Workplace Romance)
Friends with Benefits
- Bad Things by R.K. Lilley – This is a spin-off series for Up in the Air series but you can jump into this without reading that series. I find this hotter and sexier than James and Bianca’s story. Remind me to continue this series. 😉
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover – I had a good ugly cry in this book. Colleen Hoover’s books are always emotional and a box of tissue must be ready.
- Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young – Here’s another Samantha Young entry. This one is my favorite book in the On Dublin Street series. I ship Nate and Liv so hard. It’s by far the best friends-with-benefits book I’ve read ever read.
- The Billionaire Bachelor by Jessica Lemmon – My first Jessica Lemmon book didn’t disappoint. The succeeding books in the series gets better. (It can also fit for workplace romance.)
- One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy – This is one of the quick reads I enjoyed years ago. It’s very lighthearted and cute.
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang – Another book I don’t have to explain why you should read it. I guarantee you, Stella and Michael’s story will make you swoon. Definitely one of my favorites of 2018.
- The Matchmaker’s Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken – I read this during Smutathon round 1. It’s not my favorite but the story is a guilty pleasure read. It’s rare I encountered books with a guy running a dating service. He’s a love guru who helps women to boost their confidence so their match will fall for them.
- Rush by Maya Banks – Brother’s best friend and Best friend’s younger sister? YES PLEASE. Maya Banks writes sexy erotica novels and this one has BDSM in it.
- Priest by Sierra Simone – Sinfully seductive and kinky af. I do recommend this in audiobook because ZACHARY WEBBER’S VOICE IS EVERYTHING. You may want to bathe in holy water because Father Bell… 😉 bwahaha
- Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard – One of my all time favorite romance novels. SR’s writing is enticing and this book gave me butterflies. I swooned! I can’t recommend this book enough. You’ll appreciate it more if you’re familiar with The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. 😉 This is a student – teacher romance. (It can also fit for Slow Burn romance)
- Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland – Here’s another student-teacher romance. This one isn’t as angsty as others and it’s really heartwarming. I recommend it.
- Unteachable by Leah Raeder / Elliot Wake – This student-teacher romance is very underrated and I think people should read this one more. Love the angst and romance.
Slow Burn Romance
- Grip by Kennedy Ryan – I recently finished this book when Ari and Britt recommend this to me. Such a wonderfully written and eye-opening interracial romance. I was speechless. It’s a must read. Enough said. You must read the prequel first before you proceed to this.
- Professor Feelgood by Leisa Rayven – An editor searching for a potential best selling author and she stumbles into a guy’s Instagram account a.k.a Professor Feelgood with poetic captions. All I’m gonna say is that the story is greatly executed and the poems in this book are beautiful and passionate. My feels! (It can also fit for enemies to lovers)
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata – This is a pretty chunky book and is indeed a SLOW BURN romance. The characters didn’t get together until 70-80% of the book as far as I can remember. It’s about a female football player and her football legend idol becomes her coach. (It can also fit for forbidden romance or enemies to lovers)
- Behind the Bars by Brittainy C. Cherry – Another interracial romance I loved. The story is emotional. Aside from romance, it’s also about forgiveness, grief, family and acceptance.
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan – It’s one of those story you’ll slowly devour. The male protagonist is mute and he’s quite aloof with everyone. The romance was beautifully done and with the heroine’s patience, everything worked out. So good! I highly recommend.
- Pestilence by Laura Thalassa – If it wasn’t for Marla Mei and Maria, I wouldn’t have discovered this book. I rarely read New Adult books outside contemporary romances and this post-apocalyptic book is surprisingly good.
- Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski – This underrated series was a roller coaster ride of plot twist. One of the best series of all time and I’m waiting for the 8th book. Trigger warning: Violence, gore, drugs
- Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters – When it comes to dark romance, Ms. Pepper Winters is my go-to. Sometimes her books can be overwhelming but damn they’re all intense. Q & Tess are your unconventional couple. Trigger warning: Kidnapping, abuse, violence, BDSM.
- Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts – This is one of the books I’ve read when I was new to dark romance. It really pushes me out of my comfort zone. It’s a gradual start but the series gets better. Trigger warning: Kidnapping, abuse, violence
Road Trip, Workplace Romance, One Night Stand
- The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski – This is the only road trip book that pops out of my mind. Gaaaah! One of my favorite New Adult books of all time. You can never go wrong with Ms. Redmerski whether it’s contemporary or romantic/crime suspense.
- Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren – Originally, it’s a Twilight fan fiction (I remember reading that version). This one is SO ANGSTY and full of sexual tension. LOL. (It can also fit on enemies to lovers)
- Egomaniac by Vi Keeland – This one is funny and sweet at the same time. It’s about a divorce lawyer and a marriage counselor who shared an office space. Then polar opposites attract.
- Bared to You by Sylvia Day – This should’ve been adapted into a movie than Fifty Shades of Grey. It’s twice better in terms of the plot, writing, romance and characters. Gideva forever! ❤
- Lick by Kylie Scott – The mc married a rock star after her 21st birthday celebration. At first I wasn’t a fan of the heroine but her character development is good. This rock star romance was a great start for the series. I need to continue the series too.
- Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren – The second book in the Beautiful Bastard series. I find this better than the first book and Max Stella and Sara Dillon’s chemistry is great! (They’re also kinky. haha!)
- Fight with Me by Kristen Proby – This is the second book in With Me in Seattle series but you can read this as a standalone. Ms. Proby’s books are quick to read. You can finish this in one sitting.
My TBR changes depending on my mood. Are you guys participating #Smutathon? Let me know on the comments / link your post on your TBR! Have a wonderful week ahead everyone!
After a week of read-a-thon. I knockout 4 tropes by reading 3 books. I didn’t finish my entry for love triangle and missed friends-to-lovers. It’s a fun and relaxing read-a-thon. Here are the books I’ve read:
- Getting Schooled by Emma Chase (Second Chance Romance – 5 stars) – Classic Emma Chase. I swooned on this book. OMG. GARRETT DANIELS. Check out my full review here.
- Hot Asset by Lauren Layne (Enemies to Lovers – 4 stars) – Great enemies to lovers book. I’m so entertained with the banters between Lara and Ian. I like Lauren Layne’s writing style. Check out my full review here.
- Envy by Rachel Van Dyken (Stranded Together;Arranged Marriage – 4 stars) – I’m a sucker for Mafia Romances. This is another great installment on Eagle Elite series. Check out my review here.
Have you participated on Smut-A-Thon? What are the books you’ve read? Feel free to share it on the comments! Hands down to you if you managed to knockout all the tropes. 😛
Hey guys! I am participating on #Smutathon hosted by Lainey @ gingerreadslainey and Riley @ Riley Marie. This is readathon begins on July 9th to 15th and the prompts are romance tropes. Here are the books I plan to read:
- Hot Asset by Lauren Layne – Enemies to Lovers
- The Studying Hours by Sara Ney – Friends to Lovers
- Getting Schooled by Emma Chase – Second Chance Romance
- Play by Kylie Scott – Fake Dating / Fake Relationship
- The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori – Arrange Marriage
- 72 Hours by Bella Jewel – Stranded Together
- The Matchmaker’s Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken – Love Triangle
These books are subject to change depending on my mood. I have my backup TBR just in case I didn’t enjoy the book. Feel free to share on the comments if you’re participating on the readathon and the books you’ll be reading. Also, can you recommend me books on Stranded Together trope aside from On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves? This is my top choice but I’ve read this one already. Thank you in advance! By the way, it’s really good.