Goodreads Rating: 4.22 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5 / 5 stars
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: November 15, 2016
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Billionaire Caleb Blackstone lives in the glamorous world of wealth and success, with every material luxury. But the moment he sees Brooke Casterley, none of that matters. Caleb is filled with a raw, undeniable need that he can’t ignore…for a girl who is so completely different from everything and everyone he’s ever known.
Only Brooke looking for love. She knows all too well just how much damage the wrong guy can do. Still, what sane, broke British girl can resist the charms of an incredibly sexy, chivalrous billionaire? What starts as flirtation quickly turns into all-consuming passion. Nothing could have prepared her for the searing heat of Caleb’s touch—or just how much she craves him.
Their whirlwind romance is the stuff of high-society fantasy—but for every moment of pleasure, there is a cost. Past mistakes and tragedy shadow them both…and falling for him might be the kind of trouble she can’t afford.
This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. Out of the topics this month- Gateway books to our favorite genre. New Adult is one of my favorite genres of all time and here are the books I think would be great in exploring the New Adult genre.
- Easy by Tammara Webber – This is the first book that introduced me and made me love for the New Adult genre. The writing style, the story and the characters are amazing. I love the relationship development between the characters. Plus, it’s swoon worthy. I also love the emphasis of self-defense here. It’s nicely done.
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover – Of course, Colleen Hoover is included on my list. Actually, you can pick any book of hers to start but I choose Slammed because it’s somewhat in between YA and NA. If you’re a YA Reader and venturing to NA, this is a great book to start.
- Unteachable by Leah Raeder / Elliot Wake – If you’re looking for forbidden romance / student-teacher relationship, pick this book up. This book is a hidden gem in NA and it’s beautifully written. I love the characters in this book, they’re flawed, strong, edgy, and honest. Their emotions are raw and palpable. The chemistry is really good and intense.
- The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski – Words can’t express how beautiful this book is. It’s compelling, romantic, and breathtaking. The main characters are likable, their road trip and love story is one the best written.
- Butterfly Dreams by A. Meredith Walters – Mesmerizing writing style, slow burn romance and great character developments. A. Meredith Walters knows how to stir her readers’ emotions.
Have you read any of these books? If you’re a New Adult fan, what are the books you think are great starters? Feel free to share! Also, share your gateway books of your favorite genres. I would love to read your recommendations! 🙂
Goodreads Rating: 4.23 / 5 stars
My Rating: 4.5 / 5 stars
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: April 4, 2016
Publisher: Peterson Paperbacks
Maddie Lucas is only looking for a one night stand…
While studying in Spain for her semester abroad, Maddie hopes to escape the drama surrounding her parents’ divorce—a divorce she may or may not have caused—while researching Spanish architecture for her thesis. And if she hooks up with hot Madrileños along the way? All the better.
But handsome Spaniard Javier Montoya wants so much more.
Guitarist Javier is ready to set aside his rock star ways and settle down for good with his gorgeous ex-girlfriend. But after a one night stand with sexy, passionate Maddie blossoms into genuine friendship, he begins to wonder if Maddie might be the forever girl he’s looking for.
Too bad Maddie believes forever is more fiction than fairy tale. Can Javier prove to her that fairy tales exist? Or is Maddie right to think she doesn’t deserve happily ever after?
LESSONS IN GRAVITY is a New Adult romance, suitable for mature audiences.
Goodreads Rating: 4.23 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: New Adult, Romantic Suspense, Dark
Publication Date: September 29, 2014
Publisher: Self Published
Don’t say it unless you mean it…
It’s a simple concept, one I’ve said time and again, but something people don’t seem to comprehend. You should choose every syllable carefully, because you never know when somebody will hold you to your word.
Somebody like me.
I’m not a good man. I’m not. I know. I have enough darkness inside of me to rid the world of every stitch of light. But there’s one I could never harm, one light I couldn’t bring myself to snuff out.
She thinks I’m a monster, and maybe I am. I taunt her with my touch, get a thrill out of torturing her soul. But I’m not the only one. The world is full of monsters, and I’m not the most dangerous one out there.
Not even close…
God help me, I love her.
And God help anyone who tries to take her from me.
Goodreads Rating: 4.21 / 5 stars
My Rating: 4 / 5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
Publication Date: May 5, 2015
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Before Sloane, Emily didn’t go to parties, she barely talked to guys, and she didn’t do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—someone who yanks you out of your shell.
But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just…disappears. There’s just a random to-do list with thirteen bizarre tasks that Emily would never try. But what if they can lead her to Sloane?
Apple picking at night? Okay, easy enough.
Dance until dawn? Sure. Why not?
Kiss a stranger? Wait…what?
Getting through Sloane’s list will mean a lot of firsts, and with a whole summer ahead of her—and with the unexpected help of the handsome Frank Porter—who knows what she’ll find.
Go Skinny Dipping? Um…