I had a poll on my Instagram stories which will be my next post and majority of you guys had chosen My All Time Favorite Romance Novels. As a book reviewer for 10 years, I have read a lot of amazing stories and some of them holds a special place in my heart. These books made me swoon at its best and I hope my list will help you choose your next favorite.
It wasn’t easy coming up this list. I have to pick the books individually in a series and weigh everything. All in all, there are 60 books on my list and I will split this into two parts. Here are the first batch of my favorite books of all time:
- Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski – The first book of the In the Company of Killers sets the bar high for romantic thrillers. It’s action packed, thrilling, and fast paced. Each book keeps getting better and the plot twists blew my mind. The heroine (Sarai Cohen) whose mother sold her to a Mexican Drug Lord when she’s 14 years old. Years later, she escaped and crossed paths with an American guy (Viktor Faust). This man happens to be an assassin and somehow he tags the heroine along with him. He’s not allowed to for a relationship to anyone but the heroine fascinates him. I swear guys, once you started this series there’s no turning back.
- Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren – Beautiful series is a binge worthy steamy romance series. I actually miss CLo writing hot romances like this. Beautiful Player is a brother’s best friend romance. I had so much fun reading this book and my goodness. I remember swooning over Will Sumner and I’m dead jealous on Hannah Bergstrom / Ziggy.
- The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski – Another J.A. Redmerski book? YES. This is the first book I’ve read from her. It’s a road trip romance which centers on self-discovery and living life to the fullest. Camryn Bennett and Andrew Parrish’s journey truly touched my heart and rendered me speechless.
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young – Want a great angsty romance? This one is for you. I fell in love with Braden Carmichael and Joss Stone. The heroine still grieves of losing her whole family. Moving into a new apartment is supposed to be a fresh start until she meets her roommate’s brother and becomes her love interest.
- Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard – It’s a forbidden and second chance romance about Julianne Mitchell and Gabriel Emerson. My heart soars when their love story is mixed with my favorite classic novel — The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri.
- Easy by Tammara Webber – My first New Adult Romance book I loved. This book defined what new adult novels should be and tackled a sensitive subject (rape) perfectly.
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay – I consider this book an underrated romance novel. I hope more people read this gem.
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover – Because of this book, I am fascinated with slam poetry. Colleen Hoover’s debut novel is a success and most of her books made me cry. It’s worth it. Up to this day, I will never forget this book made an impact on me as a romance reader.
- The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon – A breathtaking romance novel. Amy Harmon is a master of creativity on writing novels with a unique concept. She proved it on this book. My words can’t describe enough my love for this.
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan – One of the OG romances with a good disability rep. The hero is mute and grumpy. He’s sort of considered an outcast in the small town he lives in except for the heroine. She bravely reached out to him and break his walls. It was such a beautiful and emotional book. I love it
- Sustained by Emma Chase – The queen of writing male POVs and her superior book (for me) is Sustained. Jake Becker, Chelsea McQuaid and the McQuiad kids are the best set of characters. They are all adorable and my goodness. Jake is a BOOK HUSBAND MATERIAL. PERIOD.
- Sidebarred by Emma Chase – Novellas are hit or miss for me. Mostly they are 3 star reads but Sidebarred is an exception. This is Jake and Chelsea’s epilogue novella and I CRIED! My heart can’t even take its beauty.
- Sempre by J.M. Darhower – Want a mafia romance? You can never go wrong with J.M. Darhower. I didn’t even know this one is a Twilight fan fic but make it mafia. It was deep and heavy. Quite an intimidating book if you look at it but damn, one of the best mafia series ever written. It’s one of my starting pack.
- Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young – Among the friends to lovers / friends with benefits stories, this is the best one. Nate & Liv will always be my favorite couple. This book also deals with grief.
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles – If you are a YA reader but you want to transition to NA romance, this is the perfect book to read it. It was angsty and swoon worthy. I appreciate this book so much and became part of my journey as a romance reader.
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover – We all know Colleen Hoover writes amazing emotional romance books. This book I ugly cried. What a whirlwind romance it is. Miles Archer and Tate Collins ❤
- Addicted to You by Krista and Becca Ritchie – This series garnered mixed reviews. I don’t get the hate of this book merely because the heroine is a sex addict and the hero is an alcoholic. Thought-provoking topics that some people avoid and sad to say filled with judgment. If you’re going to ask me, this series has the best character developments. I witnessed the growth of every characters realistically. I love my Fizzle Gang through and through.
- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen – A classic favorite of mine. This is one of the puppy love stories I’m obsessed with and the countless times I reread the book and watching the movie over and over again warms my heart. Sometimes you don’t need a kiss to make you swoon. I flipped.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – The story is inspired from Jenny Han writing letters to her crushes and oh my god. It was a phenomenal series many people get the kilig vibes. I’m a fan of crush to lovers romances.
- The Deal by Elle Kennedy – MY OG SPORTS ROMANCE BOOK/ SERIES. Truly sexy, entertaining dialogues, and lots of shenanigans.
- Grip and Still by Kennedy Ryan – I am thankful for Ari & Britt for introducing to me Kennedy Ryan’s books. You must read its novella Flow to further understand the story. Grip and Still tackles social and racial issues. It was angsty, intense and romantic. It brought me to tears especially the second book — Still. Oh man. Grip & Bristol had a rough journey. It made their relationship stronger despite of the challenges they faced.
- One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters – If there’s one book I wish more people raved, this is one. This is the buddy read book of the NA Lit Lovers Philippines (a book club I used to co-host) and I’m so glad I discovered this second chance romance about a social worker and a homeless guy. I admire A.Meredith Walters so much for writing great emotional books (seriously, go check her books out) like this. I WEEP.
- Real by Katy Evans – Another one of the OG romances I’ve read and Katy Evans needs a comeback. Real is a MMA fighter romance. It also has a great bipolar disorder rep.
- The Score by Elle Kennedy – It’s the third book in the Off-Campus series and Dean is my favorite hockey guy. I remember laughing out loud so much of this book because of Winston.
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt – This is co-written by Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick under the pseudonym Erin Watt. When this was a new release everyone go gaga on the cliffhangers. I swear I screamed on every ending of this series. Those of you who haven’t read it yet are so lucky you don’t have to endure the deadly cliffhangers. If you love Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango / Meteor Garden, this is for you.
- Hero by Samantha Young – CAIN CARRAWAY IS THE MOST INTENSE GUY SAMANTHA YOUNG HAS EVER WRITTEN. OMG. He can be quite an asshole but ugh. He’s irresistible. SO FINE AND SEXY. *smacking myself on the head for loving jerk heroes but whatever*
- Kiss the Sky by Krista and Becca Ritchie – Two rivals ending up together. Connor Cobalt and Rose Calloway are my bias couple in the Fizzle gang. I am here for Connor Cobalt a.k.a. Another – Book- Husband lap dances! He’s full of surprises and I would love to be Rose Calloway for a day.
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – TOP TIER ENEMIES TO LOVERS BOOK. This is between executive secretaries from different publishers. When two publishers merged, they retained their own executive secretaries Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman. Their unlimited banters is hell entertaining and these two have top tier sexual tensions and I AM LIVING FOR IT. Looking forward on the film adaptation!
That’s the end of my All Time Favorite Novels part 1. We still have part 2 coming up so I hope you guys will stick with me. Thank you very much for reading my lengthy post!
Have you guys read any of these books? Any favorites? Let’s rave it on the comments!