Hello everyone! It’s already August and I just finished finalizing all the books I’ve read for the readathons I participated such as Mood Reader Bingo hosted by Yna @ The Mood Reader and Tarot Readathon hosted by Daijah @ Daijah’s Book World, Britany @ Literaly Smitten, Jess @ Books Past Bedtime and Noelle @ Noelle 7 Pages. These two readathons are successful to me because the prompts here encourage me to read variety of books.
I have read a total of 21 books and majority of them are adult books. I am also proud that I’ve been listening to audiobooks lately and discovered great voice actors.
- Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare | ★★★★
- Recaptured by the Crime Lord by Mia Knight | ★★
- One Day in December by Josie Silver | ★★★★
- Three Simple Rules by Nikki Sloane | ★★★★★
- Gifting Me to His Best Friend by Katee Robert | ★★★★★
- We Can’t Keep Meeting Like This by Rachel Lynn Solomon | ★★★★
- Sidetracked by S.T. Abby | ★★★★★
- Buns by Alice Clayton | ★★★★
- My Dad’s Best Friend by Katee Robert | ★★★
- Survive the Night by Riley Sager | ★★★
- XOXO by Axie Oh | ★★★★
- Set by Alexandria House | ★★★
- The Truth About Magic by Atticus | ★★
- They Never Learn by Layne Fargo | ★★★★
- Indulge With Me by Kristen Proby | ★★★★
- Nocturnal by Wilder Poetry | ★★★
- Royally Marooned by Emma Chase | ★★★★
- Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon | ★★★★
- Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle | ★★★★★
- Scarlet Angel by S.T. Abby | ★★★★
- Isn’t It Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams | ★★★★★
I am still stressed out with Mindf*ck series by S.T. Abby because of the screwed up things happened here. Among the dark romance series, this is one of the most consistent in terms of plot and characters. Sidetracked and Scarlet Angel are just next level. I’m not prepared for the last two books. I may need a drink. Sadly, the author passed away recently. C.M. Owens (S.T. Abby / Kristy Cunning) is one of the most talented authors ever. May her soul rest in peace.
My favorite books in July are Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle (Redemption to YDEO haha!), Isn’t It Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams (MY RUSSIAN BAE), XOXO by Axie Oh (Cutesy, K-Drama vibes!), One Day in December by Josie Silver (Our missed chances at love will finally aligned) and We Can’t Keep Meeting Like This by Rachel Lynn Solomon (Foodie Romance, Great Mental Health Rep, Sex positive)
Movies & TV Shows:
I am still watching Tale of the Nine Tailed starring Lee Dong-Wook, Jo Bo-Ah and Kim Bum!! Why is TvN so good at paranormal fantasy series? I’m obsessed. I love the ending song of this show — Blue Moon by Kim Jong Wan. LIKE CHILLS. I’m on episode 4 and need to continue.
I watched two films: A Perfect Fit — It’s an Indonesian Romance Film about a shoemaker meets a fashion blogger who’s apparently engaged to someone else. Honestly this one is adorable. It’s a meet cute romance and the fashion blogger have second thoughts about her engagement when her fiance shows his true colors.
The Last Letter From Your Lover. It’s based on Jojo Moyes’ novel about an illicit love affair in 1960s and a journalist found their letters in the present time. The journalist decided to uncover their story and rekindle these lovers for the second chance. Cheating is a tough subject to handle. I don’t condone them at all but for some reason, the ending made me cry. The old couple have faults and there is an unresolved issue between them. They obviously want to continue their relationship but chosen to do what’s righteous and mend their mistakes. They have to sacrifice their love and happiness. It was a great complicated tale.
I hope you have a fantastic month! There’s so much to look forward this August. Stay safe and healthy everyone ❤ What are your favorite books / movies/ tv shows in July? Feel free to share them.