Hey guys! I missed you all. May has been a chaotic month and I stepped back from everything. I spend the whole month of self-care and unwinding. I’m back on my reading groove and I’d like to share with you my May wrap-up, reading plans for June, readathons I’ve participated and upcoming ones I want to participate etc.
Let us begin with the books I’ve read in May and I also participated in #StanAsianAuthors2021 Readathon hosted by fellow Filipina Bookstagrammers — madams Kath @kath_reads and Eunice @nerdytalksbookblog . (You may click the links for my reviews)
- Sinner by Sierra Simone | ★★★★☆
- Maybe This Time by C.P. Santi (Stan Asian Authors Readathon entry) | ★★★★☆
- The Devil by Ashley Jade | ★★★☆☆ . 5
- Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald by J.K. Rowling | ★☆☆☆☆
- Sagala by Tori Tadiar (Stan Asian Authors Readathon entry) | ★★★★★
- Rebel by Marie Lu (Stan Asian Authors Readathon entry) | ★★★★★
- The Risk by S.T. Abby | ★★★★☆
- Please Don’t Go Before I Go Better by Madisen Kuhn | ★★☆☆☆
- Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams | ★★★★★
- Marauder by Bella Di Corte | ★★★★☆
- The Devil’s Advocate by Ashley Jade | ★★★☆☆
Three books that standout for me are Rebel, Sagala and Undercover Bromance. The Risk is an honorable mention because that one is pretty intense and thank you to my dear friend, Ari (@daydreaminbkwrm) for recommending this to me.
For the month of June, I’ll be participating on two readathons:
- Mafia Romance Readathon – hosted by Jenn @ The Book Refuge, Jess @ Peace Love Books , Jessen @ Jessen Reads Romance, Tori @ Novel Life, Tiffany @ neverlandpixy
- Romanceathon 2021 – hosted by Jacqueline , Hailey @ Hailey Hughs, Key @ Just Key, Daijah @ Daijah’s Book World, Gwendolyn Kesinger, Beth @ bethsallbooked, Sarah @ Sarah’s Shelves, Beans @ readswithb, Jess @Reading with Jess
Aside from this, I am DYING to see Trese by Budjette Tan and KaJo Baldisimo on Netflix this coming June 11!! Shameless plugging because it’s one of my favorite graphic novel series. It’s fast paced, action-packed and adventurous. If you haven’t read the series, I recommend it. Just in time for you to catch up. I’ll be watching it in Tagalog.
I am still drafting other posts I have in store. I guess I am back on the groove. Have you read any of these books? How’s your month going? Let me know in the comments because I’d love to hear it. 🙂 Have a fabulous month everyone and looking forward to talk to you all. Thank you for sticking with me. ❤