Grab some tea because I feel like sharing my thoughts on the worst books I’ve read in 2020. These are the ones that I have high expectations but I’m tremendously disappointed by it. Please don’t hate me in case I’ve mentioned your favorite books. Some of the books have links that will direct you on my full reviews (in case you want to read them).
Here are the worst books I’ve read in 2020:
- You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle – Y’all. I’m so mad on this because it’s on my radar and the blurb is promising. Who doesn’t love an enemies to lovers book? The protagonists have a toxic relationship and it’s better if they broke up for good.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson – Basic. Too preachy and overrated. It’s uninspiring.
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman – Unfortunately, I’m on the minority who didn’t enjoy this sci-fi horror book. The idea of not seeing things gives me anxiety but the book is pretty boring.
- Outmatched by Kristen Callihan and Samantha Young – Just when I thought this collaboration works out (I love Samantha Young and I was pretty excited to *finally* read Kristen Callihan’s books) it flopped. I’m willing to give this collaboration a chance. I guess the characters lack of chemistry makes the story forgettable.
- Love the One You Hate by R.S. Grey – Ms. Grey’s novels tends to be a hit or miss for me and this is one of it. It’s also pitched as enemies to lovers but that didn’t work out as the characters spent most of the time apart. I’m not sold by their chemistry.
- My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin – The heroine PISSED me off. She keeps telling herself she didn’t want the hero because of this and that. She is lying to herself damn it.
- Two Kingdoms by Kristy Cunning – It was a filler. Nothing exciting happens. Snoozefest.
- Great Goddesses by Nikita Gill – I am so glad I didn’t buy a physical copy of this poetry collection. It was dull and the story / poems are bland.
- I Hope You Stay by Courtney Peppernell – That’s it. Her poetry books are not for me. The poems didn’t struck me and again, it’s basic.
- Boys of Brayshaw High by Meagan Brandy – Overhyped and Bully by Penelope Douglas 2.0 mix it with Tijan’s writing. The heroine tries so hard to act like she’s some badass woman but she’s a vindictive bitch. The guys are just MEH. Shamelessly DNF’d this book.
What are your worst books of 2020?