Work has been exhausting lately and slowed my reading. Mostly I prefer to sleep after work and whenever I’m reading, I didn’t realize I fell asleep. It’s also a pressure that I started many books that I lost in the mood for. I was overwhelmed and I have to put it down.
Here are the books I put on my pending shelves, unsure when I’ll pick them again:
- Love Unscripted by Tina Reber – This is one of the New Adult backlist titles I’ve started but the book itself is intimidating and I lost the mood for it. I’ll get back to this soon once I have the sequel.
- The Do Over by M.K. Schiller – I want to shoutout to my sis Pearl of Pearl Pages for recommending this book to me. However, I’m struggling with books written in third person.
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu – Out of all Marie Lu’s books / series, TYE didn’t really caught my attention. I’ve read the 100 pages but it’s not capturing my interest. I’ll binge read the series someday.
- The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz – Supposedly it’s my first Tiffany Reisz book and already read 10 pages but I was sidetracked by other books.
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – Goodness me, this started really good but after weeks of putting it down, I forgot what I’ve read. Shame on me. I’ll make it up ok?
- Riot by Tillie Cole – I’m down with the last book in Scarred Souls series. However, this has a slowest pace when it comes to story telling. I guess I was overwhelmed reading dark romance books and need a rebreather.
- And The Ocean Was Our Sky by Patrick Ness – Hmm.. I have mixed thoughts on this one. The writing is great but the concept is weird and confusing.
- Getting Played by Emma Chase – It took me several tries to get thru this but it’s not working. I think I’ll go for an audiobook.
- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord – I heard nothing but amazing things about this book but I wasn’t in the mood for a YA book that time.
- The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver – I received an ARC of this book and the reason I’m excited for it because I heard great reviews for One Day in December. After a reading a couple of pages, I was bored by this one and have to put it down. 😦
These are the books that I hopefully get thru before the year ends. What are the books that are on your pending shelves? Have you read any of these?