It’s unpopular opinions time! There are some books I’ve read last year that neither disappointed me nor didn’t live up to my expectations. If I mentioned your favorite book, please don’t be mad at me. Anyways, let’s jump into my least favorite books of 2019.
- In Paris with You by Clementine Beauvais – This is a quick read but the sensitive subjects in this book were horribly tackled. Check out my review here.
- Solace Island by Meg Tilly – Unfortunately, I DNF this book. The heroine is overdramatic, clumsy and childish. I am not a huge fan of the writing as well. For a romantic suspense, it didn’t give me an adrenaline rush. It’s frickin’ bland.
- The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozada with Holly Lorincz – I couldn’t hide my frustration over this book. The hero is an asshole and he disrespected the heroine multiple times.
- The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen – Ooh la la. I know many people loved this book and I’m just in a minor group who disliked this one. The hero is a problematic asshole and he did something that filled me with rage. I don’t like he treated the heroine like a goddamn child too.
- Shifting Bone by Alison Malee – An underwhelming poetry collection. The poems are repetitive and there’s no emotional drive to it. *inserts poker face*
- Crybaby by K. Webster – It’s uncomfortable reading this one. What’s more frustrating is that the heroine is EXTREMELY temperamental. The title itself perfectly describes her.
- Love thy Neighbour by Belle Aurora – Don’t get me wrong, I gave it 3 / 5 stars which is an acceptable rating as a book I liked. However, this book has my favorite couple in that series and I hated it dragged on. Some parts are so petty and it’s infuriating.
- Mobster’s Girl by Amy Rachiele – You know how much I love mafia romances but this one is bland as a potato. This one has a great potential and there’s a lot to be explored between the main characters’ relationship.
- Risky Play by Rachel Van Dyken – The characters lacked the chemistry, the hero is a jerk and the romance escalated quickly. Damn it.
That’s all folks! What are the books that disappointed you last year? Let’s talk about it in the comments or drop a link of your post so I can check it out. 🙂