Hello everyone! I hope you’re having a great day and it’s been a week since I’ve posted on my blog. I’ve been busy with work and I’d rather much eat and sleep from exhaustion (also I’m distracted playing video games instead of reading haha! If you’re playing Mobile Legends add me — Ladyvantassel). My smutathon wrapup is still on my drafts as well as my reviews for Rip by Rachel Van Dyken and The Bride Test by Helen Hoang. I’ll catch up on that soon but first, I’m excited to nominate book bloggers for The Annual Book Blogger Awards 2019 hosted by May of Forever and Everly.
This is my chance to give recognition to book bloggers who have been working since day one, sharing their passion and love for books and supporting the book community as a whole. Some of these people became my friends and have met in real life (to those who I haven’t meet, I hope we’ll see each other in the future!), I am truly proud of their achievements and they deserved to be recognize.
Without further ado, here are my nominees for each category:
Best of their Age
Best Adult Book Blogger
- Kelly @ Diva Booknerd | Kelly primarily focuses on YA novels of any genre– whether it’s fantasy, sci-fi or contemporary, she got you covered! She also features a lot of OZYA / NZ books. Her reviews are eloquently written and authentic. 😀
- Melanie @ Mel to the Any | You can’t help loving Melanie’s content. She uses different platforms to promote books and how she manages them all is unbelievable! I enjoy reading her reviews of any book from different age groups.
- Ezrah @ I Heart Romance & YA | Ezrah is definitely on my list of one of the best adult book bloggers. Her blog name speaks what she loves to read. I am not a huge fan of historical romances but if you are, I recommend her blog.
Best Genre Bloggers
- Shealea @ Shut Up, Shealea | Shealea has come a long way and I’ve seen her grown as a book blogger. She created projects that encourage the YA Community to read and promote diverse novels. I’m so proud of her achievements and if you’re looking for blog tours, definitely check out her Caffeine Book Tours.
- Hazel @ Stay Bookish | Hazel is one of the earliest friends I met through goodreads. Her keen eye to photography, love for YA contemporary romance and blog designer makes her one of the most successful bloggers out there. She is one of the founders / organizers of Bookworms Unite PH and one of her projects is Stay Bookish Zine which is a YA digital magazine.
New Adult / General Adult
- Michelle @ Undeniably Book Nerdy | Michelle is one of the most underrated romance bloggers out there. She reads a lot of romance novels and she’s the one who recommended to me Julie James’ books (which is still on my tbr omfg). Her reviews are simple yet so well detailed.
- Britt @ Blissfully-Read| You’ve got to love Britt. Most of the books she read are New Adult romances and she is one of the reasons why I discovered A. Zavarelli and Kennedy Ryan’s books. Her reviews speaks a lot how passionate she is in NA / Adult Romance books.
- Claire @ The Coffeeholic Bookworm | ate Claire is a fellow NA / Adult Romance blogger who’s consistent in reviewing and promoting romance novels particularly self-published ones.
- Ari @ The Romance Corner | Ari has an impeccable taste in romance novels. We shared the same taste and she’s my buddy when it comes to it. (Expect us wildin’ if it’s mafia romance or dark romance. Ari, you know the drill bwahaha!). I love reading her book reviews! They’re straightforward and witty. Sometimes I can’t help laughing when she puts GIFs. 😛 She has amazing monthly wrap-ups too.
- Nick @ Infinite Limits of Love | Nick is one of the most established romance bloggers in the community. She reads and reviews variety of romances in all age groups, whether it’s indie or traditionally published. She’s always updated with the upcoming romance books (I love when she makes a list or recommendations!). Her reviews are thorough and organize. She never miss any issues that needs to be addressed.
- Kayla @ Books and Blends | Kayla is one of my go-to blogs when it comes to romance novels. I enjoy reading her reviews because they’re brief and concise. She and I also have similar tastes in books. (I enjoy discussing with her those that we both didn’t enjoy haha!)
Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Erika @ The Nocturnal Fey | I have been following Erika’s blog for a long time. She’s a fantasy novel enthusiast and I discovered underrated fantasy books because of her like Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen. (It’s still on my TBR for ages!)
- Raf @ The Royal Polar Bear Reads | Just like Erika, Raf is a passionate reader of Fantasy and Sci-Fi books. I’ve been following his blog for years and we shared the love for Marie Lu’s books. 😀 Also, kudos to this guy for organizing tons of blog tours and I can’t even count!
- Karlita @ Tale Out Loud| Karlita features a lot of YA fantasy novels on her blog. She’s a champ being part of street teams, participating on blog tours and have author spotlights. The best thing on her blog is she has a debut release calendar. It’s helpful for both authors and readers.
Literary Fiction / Classics / Poetry
- Faroukh @ The Guy with the Book | Faroukh and I have different tastes when it comes to novels but his reviews are spot on! By the way, he has an amazing bookstagram account.
- Justine @ Bookish Wisps | Aside from YA Fantasy / Sci-Fi novels, Justine has a great taste on poetry collections. We shared the same tastes in poetry and to think their difficult to review, she was expressive and thorough on it.
Mystery / Thriller
- Deanna @ Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews | Mystery / Thriller isn’t my go-to genre but whenever Dee writes her reviews, I’m totally sold and I honestly want to give them a shot.
Best of Book Blogging
Best Book Reviews
- Tika @ Fangirl Confessions| Tika is one of the wittiest and one the most brutally honest reviewers in the book community. She reads variety of genres and her reviews are remarkable. My favorite review from her was Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings. 😉
- Alex @ Comets and Comments | I met Alex through Goodreads and she always writes thorough and honest reviews. She has a style of writing them without spoiling the book.
Best Book Recommendations
*Ari, Nick and Britt have the best romance book recommendations that’s why I am nominating these three ladies again. 🙂 Most of the books I have read came from them. ❤ Ultimate romance book pushers!
Best Discussion Posts
- Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall| Writing many discussions is absolutely Kelly’s forte. How she manages to write a lot and all of them are remarkable posts! I have a lot of favorites from her but the one I enjoyed the most was why she loves reading backlist novels.
- Tiffany @ Read by Tiffany| Whenever I see Tiffany write a discussion post, it’s an automatic read for me. No matter how simple it is, she makes it so engaging and I can honestly relate to them. My favorite discussion from her was Are Book Reviews Underappreciated (In the Blogging Community?), all the things I have in mind she well put it there.
- Sophie @ Beware of the Reader| Sophie writes a lot of discussion posts. It can be book related or lifestyle. Her discussions are so interactive and the one I enjoyed the most when she tries to predict my favorite reading genre based on my job. That was really a fun post!
Best Blog Aesthetic
- Blessie @ Mischievous Reads | My god. Blessie’s website is absolutely gorgeous! Blog aesthetic goals. Teach me your ways master. ❤ Blessie loves reading romance novels and her reviews are quirky!
Best Blogging / Writing Voice
- KB @ Bookbed | KB is one of the most supportive people in the book community. I love how she talks about her passion on books and share her thoughts about them to encourage others to read more.
Most Engaged in the Community
- Melanie @ Mel to the Any | You’ve got to give it to Mel. I love how genuine and outspoken she is when it addressing issues surrounding in the book community and keeps an open mind about them. I love how she’s interacting with fellow readers, bloggers, booktubers etc. in all of her social media.
Best Social Media Influencer
- Rain @ Bookdragonism | Rain is one of the people who greatly utilizes Twitter. I enjoy reading her tweets about book related stuff and most of us can relate to them.
- Tiffany @ Read by Tiffany | Just crown this lovely lady. Tiffany is a total sweetheart and she’s one of the most genuine people in the book community. ❤
Friendliest Member of the Community
- Kat @ Reading After Ten| Kat is one of the loveliest and most enthusiastic people I have ever met (Atty. I hope we meet each other soon!). I love how she interacts with everyone and is very approachable. ❤
Best at Promoting Diverse Books
- CW @ The Quiet Pond| CW promotes a lot of diverse novels with great representation. She’s the reason why I’ve read Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman. There are other books that she promoted that is on my radar like Want by Cindy Pon and The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee.
- Jazmen @ Lit-erally Black | Jazmen reads a lot of romance and her blog mostly features romance novels written by black authors. You should check out her blog because there are lots of indie published and underrated romances there! 🙂
Best New Book Blogger
- Divine @ REA(D)IVINE | I have been a follower of Divine on Goodreads and this lovely lady writes great reviews. I am glad she finally have an official book blog. You should definitely follow her blog! 🙂
Best Small Book Blogger
- JL @ On Page Twenty One | JL is a friend of mine who’s as passionate as I am in romance novels. I enjoyed reading her reviews and in my personal opinion, her blog is underrated. I do recommend her blog. ❤
Best Overall Book Blogger
- CW @ The Quiet Pond | Hands down to this woman. I have nothing but respect for CW. Her book blog is a total package of quality reviews, interactive discussions and creativeness. It brings joy to anyone, whether you are young or young at heart.
To all the nominees, I am wishing you all the best of luck and just want to let you know that you are all amazing and thank you for all your contributions in the book community! All your hardwork is appreciated. ❤ Don’t forget to follow/subscribe on their blogs! ❤