This weekly meme is created by Lainey of gingerreadslainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. This is a freebie week so I choose to talk about my Top 5 Favorite Romance Tropes. Without further ado here are my favorites:
- Enemies to Lovers Romance – It’s an automatic read for me if a book has an enemies to lovers trope. I live for the banters and tension between the characters and the chemistry is always LIT!
- Forbidden Romance – There is something captivating about this trope. I love when characters break the rules so they could be together. The romance? SPICY.
- Mafia Romance – I have a soft spot for this trope. I love the thrill, action, romance and suspense. Mostly it contains trigger warnings such as violence, gore, profanity etc. and these books are maybe out of your comfort zone. I’m still hunting for great ones and I’ll make a list soon of all of my favorite mafia romances.
- Friends to Lovers Romance – What I love about this trope is that the characters know each other so well. The friendship creates a tight bond that makes their relationship stronger and better chemistry. AAHHH! I melt.
- Second Chance Romance – Nothing is more satisfying than to see old flames reunite and most of the time they made me emotional. Usually the couples / characters with this trope became mature after years being apart.
Those are my favorite tropes. I didn’t mention my favorite books / series for each of them because I’m planning to make a list in the future. What are your favorite book tropes? Do you have any favorite books from a specific trope? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments. Have a fruitful week lovelies!