Happy New Year everyone! I hope you’ve had a wonderful celebration with your friends and family. May this year be filled with blessings, positive energy and more books. I had a fabulous reading year in 2018, and conquered my reading challenges. I also had a fair share of struggles in my life. Let’s begin with my blog plans and changes for this year:
- I’m officially taking a semi-hiatus. Blogging for six years sharing my passion and love for books is never an easy task. There is one point in my life I want to take a break from book blogging because I’m feeling uninspired. This year is the perfect time and relax without an obligation to review every book that I read then cross post it here. It was exhausting. I’ll still be active on Twitter, Instagram and Goodreads.
- I’ll take part of the Goodreads Reading Challenge 2019 and setting my goal with 30 books. I decided to set my goal lower than my usual 50 or 100 books since I’ll be busy with other stuff.
- I noticed most of the books I’ve read were new releases and this year, I’d like to shed a light on the backlist titles by joining the 2019 Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge. As usual, I’m joining the Reading Women Challenge, Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019 and New Adult Reading Challenge 2019. These challenges are my guide to read more variety of books.
- I’m officially on an ARC ban..for now. I apologize for being an irresponsible blogger. I have several unread e-ARCs from last year and my goal is to slowly trim down my ARC TBR until I can request again. Goodbye 80% feedback ratio! 😦 For now, I won’t be accepting ARCs for review. I’m sorry.
- I’ve started a book journal. I bought a planner in our local drug store since I’m new to this and I’m exploring on my set up. I’m not an artsy person and I like to keep it as simple as possible. I want to be more organize this year and I can still track my reading progress when I’m offline. I’ll do a flip through of my journal maybe around June. (I’m not as artistic as others, so it’s more of a minimalist book journal)
I’ll start drafting my book journal for 2019 📒💛 pic.twitter.com/5SH8qUudkd
— Beatrice M. (@beamasalunga) November 24, 2018
My 10 Most Anticipated Books of 2019
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
- 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne
- The Risk by Elle Kennedy
- Raw: Rebirth by Belle Aurora
- Kill Switch by Penelope Douglas
- Legend #4 by Marie Lu
- War by Laura Thalassa
- Eagle Elite #9 by Rachel Van Dyken
- Hart’s Boardwalk # 3 by Samantha Young
- The Edge of Never # 3 by J.A. Redmerski
You can check out the list I created for Most Anticipated Romance Novels of 2019. You can also vote for your most anticipated romance books there!
What are your bookish plans this year? Are you participating any reading challenges? If yes, what are the challenges are you excited for? What are the books you’re looking forward this year? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.