We’re halfway through 2018 and it’s time for the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag! This tag was created by Chami @ IsThatChami.
Best Book(s) You’ve Read So Far in 2018
- Rush Duet by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward – I fell in love with Rush and Gia’s story. I love their chemistry, character development and the romance was heartwarming and steamy. It was an emotional ride for these two as their relationship impeccably blossomed.
Best Sequel You’ve Read so far in 2018
- Mafiosa by Catherine Doyle – If you haven’t read or continued this trilogy, please give it a chance. Blood for Blood trilogy is one of those series started as weak and ended strongly. Writing mafia books in YA can be challenging and there are triggering factors needed to be considered such as violence and crime, which are inappropriate for this age group. However, Catherine Doyle went all out and saved the best for last. I love the direction of the story and its improvement was commendable.
New Releases You Haven’t read Yet But Want To
Most Anticipated Releases for the Second Half of 2018
- The Chase by Elle Kennedy, Kill Switch by Penelope Douglas, Royally Yours by Emma Chase, Dirty Charmer by Emma Chase, All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover, My Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren, Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren, Wildcard by Marie Lu, Professor Feelgood by Leisa Rayven and Gabriel’s Inferno #4 (??Not sure if this will be released this year but who knows??) by Sylvain Reynard.
My Biggest Disappointment
- The Impossible Vastness of Us by Samantha Young – I didn’t finish this book because the characters were so annoying and the story was boring. It was a let down especially Samantha Young is one of my all time favorite authors.
- Dominic by L.A. Casey – It’s an awful enemies to lovers romance. I’m surprised I finished this one and I’m hesitant to continue the sequels.
- Spiders in the Grove by J.A. Redmerski – I can never be prepared with the plot twists this series have. I love it!
Favorite New to Me Authors
- I enjoyed Corinne Michaels and Mariana Zapata’s books this year. I am looking forward to read the rest of their books.
Newest Fictional Crush
- I love Rush from Rebel Heir / Rebel Heart by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. He’s so sweet okay? (T_T)
Newest Favorite Character
- Roman “Bane” Protsenko from Bane by L.J. Shen – To think he’s my least favorite character in the series, he just dethroned the original Four Hotholes (Vicious Spencer, Deal Cole, Jaime Followhill and Trent Rexroth) and my favorite guy Dean Cole. Damn, I’m impressed by this underdog.
Book That Made You Cry
- Marley and Me by John Grogan – I suddenly missed my pet dog Chyna. She’s a Japanese Spitz I had when I was in High School. 😦
Book That Made You Happy
- On Hart’s Boardwalk by Samantha Young – Despite of my disappointment to The Impossible Vastness of Us, this novella made me giddy. My favorite ODS couple, Nate and Liv returned and after all these years, they’re still the best couple for me. Sweetest and most romantic as EVER! GAAH! ❤
Most Beautiful Book You’ve Bought / Received
- I’ve won a copy of Roomies by Christina Lauren through Nissa’s (Of Pens and Pages ) giveaway. I love the cover and the story. ❤
Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation You’ve Seen This Year
- I’ve only seen Fifty Shades Freed this year. LOL. I have no choice… Bwahahahha!
Favorite Review You’ve Written So Far
- Check out my review for Bane by L.J. Shen (click here to read my review). I love writing my review for it because the characters were underdogs and became my favorites in the series.
What Books Do You Need to Read Before the Year Ends
- Aside from the books that were released and haven’t read yet and most anticipated books in the second half of 2018, I need to read The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye by David Lagercrantz. I want to see what’s next for Mikhael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander.
That’s all everyone. Let me know if you have read any of these books or if you did the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag, leave your links in the comments so I can check it out! ❤ Have a fantastic week ❤