Hello everyone! I decided to do the I Am A Guilty Reader Book Tag created by Chami @ Read Like Wildfire. I think this is a great tag to confess the things we’re guilty of as a reader. *evil laughs*
Have you ever regifted a book that you’ve been given?
- NOT GUILTY. I treasured all the books that were given to me and they’re all sitting on my shelf. I’ve read some of them and some are still on my TBR pile for years.
Have you ever said you’ve read a book when you haven’t?
- NOT GUILTY. I hate pretending or lying I’ve read a certain book when technically I haven’t.
Have you ever borrowed a book and not just returned it?
- GUILTY. I borrowed The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving from my classmate when I was in High School and never returned it. My classmate let me have it anyway after a lot of convincing. Also in college, I borrowed The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks from one of my closest classmate and I haven’t returned it but she has my Richard Bach novel (this counts right?).
Have you ever read a series out of order?
- GUILTY. To think this is one of my bookish pet peeves. Whether it’s a companion or spin-off series, I like reading it in chronological order and I hate confusion or missing out something. It happened when I was reading Tan Lines by Katherine Applegate (I’ve bought this book at our local bargain store). There are parts I’m so confused and I relied on the snippets of the author gave which confirms I’m reading a sequel. Another one is More by Lea Griffith (eARC) and good thing it can be read as a standalone but STILL!
Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?
- GUILTY. I accidentally mentioned a spoiler from Harry Potter series. I’m so sorry and don’t Avada Kedavra me! 😦
Have you ever doggy eared a book?
- GUILTY. I have bookishly sinned. I did this on my books bought from bargain stores and textbooks.
Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you did?
- GUILTY. I’m lowkey don’t want to lend my book this person because I know she/he was careless. I don’t want to risk my book and have damages upon return.
Have you ever told someone you haven’t read a book when you have?
- NOT GUILTY. No point of lying if I read a book whether they hate or love it. 🙂
Have you ever skipped a chapter or section of a book?
- GUILTY. I read books cover to cover but I’ll make an exception if there are scenes that were excruciatingly boring, dragged on and unnecessary to the story, I skimmed pages.
Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually like?
- GUILTY. I bad mouthed House of Night series for dragging on but I really like it and managed to finish the series. My dedication is real. Haha!
That’s all guys! I am tagging these lovely ladies to do this tag:
- Ari and Britt @ The New Romantics
- Trish @ Heart Via Pages
- Ate Claire @ The Coffeeholic Bookworm
- Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor
If you haven’t done this tag, feel free to do it. You are officially tagged if you’ve read this post 😉