We’re halfway in the year of 2017 and the books I’ve read so far are quite hit and miss. To update you with my readings, I’ll be doing the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag which was created by ReadLikeWildFire & Ely Jane. (Click their names to watch their videos!)
Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
- I have rated several books 5 stars but so far Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han remains on the top spot of my list. My wait for this book is all worth it. Hands. Down. Jenny Han is the best!
Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017.
- Grievous by J.M. Darhower. It’s a wonderful conclusion to the Scarlet Scars duet but I want more! I WANT MORE LORENZO GAMBINI! MY PRECIOUS MAFIA MAN ❤
New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia. I adore her debut novel Made You Up and I’m excited to read this one soon! 😀
Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
- Fallen Heir by Erin Watt, Cracked Kingdom by Erin Watt, Everything Under the Sun by J.A. Redmerski, Royally Endowed by Emma Chase, Without Merit by Colleen Hoover, Enrage by Rachel Van Dyken, The Man in the Black Suit by Sylvain Reynard etc.
- The Princess Saves Herself in this One by Amanda Lovelace. I’m part of the minority who didn’t enjoy this poetry book. The topics tackled are good but the poems are bland.
- Away from the Dark by Aleatha Romig. I’m not a huge fan of mystery/thrillers but Aleatha Romig’s The Light duet put me on the edge of my seat! Jeez each chapter makes me nervous especially in this conclusion. I swear, it’s freaking good.
Favourite new authors. (Debut or new to you)
- Sally Thorne, Neal Shusterman, Sabaa Tahir, and Julie Buxbaum. I really enjoyed reading their books and I’m looking forward to read more!
Newest fictional crush.
- Jake Becker from Sustained by Emma Chase. He’s definitely one of my favorite SEXY BOOK HUSBAND. OMFG. Good Lord, he’s so good with the McQuaid kids. My favorite bunch of adorable rascals!
Newest Favorite Character
- Soraya Venedetta from Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. You gonna love Soraya because she’s sassy, independent and feisty woman. I love she gave Graham a hard time to get her.
Book that made you cry.
- The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry. You can never go wrong with Brittainy C. Cherry when it comes to emotional books. When you’re going to read this one, you better grab some tissues.
Book that made you happy.
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. I live for this book’s sweet and funny moments. The banters between Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman = GOLD!
Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
- I know I’m late but I love the movie adaptation of The Martian by Andy Weir. I watched it with my mom and she love it as well. (She didn’t know it’s from a book.
Favourite review you’ve written this year.
- Made by J.M. Darhower. I had so much fun expressing my thoughts about this book. Click here to read my review.
Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
- Of course it’s Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. This cover is simply beautiful ❤ Love love love it!
What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
- I need to read Warcross by Marie Lu before this year ends. I haven’t read her books and I really miss it. I’m so excited to dive back in to her books!
I’m tagging everyone to do this tag! Have a lovely day bookworms 😉 ❤