This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. Here are my 5 Favorite Angsty Romances 🙂
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young – One of my all time favorite NA/ Adult novels. Joss Butler and Braden Carmichael’s chemistry was off the charts and the constant push-pull makes their moments intense and steamier. Joss grieves over the loss of her family and isn’t ready for commitment while Braden pursues this lovely yet closed off lady. He encourages her to slowly open up her feelings.
- Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard – If you’re into slow burn forbidden romance, I recommend this book. This is about a graduate student and a Dante specialist. I have a soft spot for brooding heroes and Professor Gabriel Emerson is my favorite. He has a troubled past and hopes to redeem himself. *sighs* I love him for being passionate, romantic and protective man.
- The Bastard Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon – I’ve read this recently and I love it! Elijah Crane is one of the broodiest hero I’ve encountered and I adore this guy to bits. This is the third book in a trilogy but it can be read as a standalone.
- Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower – Ignazio Vitale is complex and holds many secrets. I devour this trilogy and I’m impressed on how it turned out. The second book in this trilogy has the most angst as the protagonists try to regain trust with each other. If you love Romantic Suspense or Mafia Romance, you’ll enjoy this one.
- Any book by Penelope Douglas – When it comes to angst-y romances, you can never go wrong with Penelope Douglas. I love her Fall Away series and her standalone novels: Misconduct and Punk 57. I have yet to read her other series Corrupt.
What are your favorite angsty romance novels? Feel free to share it in the comments below.