Happy New Year Lovely Bookworms!
I hope you guys had an amazing celebration as we welcome 2017. Last year is an awesome reading year for me as I achieved my Goodreads Reading Challenge and it went beyond my expectations. I may have failed to complete 2016 Popsugar Reading Challenge and Around the World in 52 Books, it wasn’t that bad since I filled out half of each lists. You can check out my wrap up here.
I will be participating on a couple of reading challenges this year:
- 2017 Goodreads Reading Challenge | I’m going to set my goals to 75 books. I may increase or decrease it depending on my reading pace.
- 2017 Popsugar Reading Challenge | I don’t expect to complete this. haha! The categories are easier than the previous year.
- 2017 New Adult Reading Challenge | This is hosted by Catia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much. I’m reading challenge – 24 books (New Adult Intermediate) and Bingo. If I’m on a good roll for this, I’ll increase it to 36 books (New Adult Advance).
- Around the Year in 52 Books | You may check out the list here if you are interested.
- 2017 Diverse Reads Book Challenge | This is hosted by Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales and Shelly @ Read.Sleep.Repeat
No pressure on doing these challenges and I’m just going to read according to my own pace and mood. I have bookish resolutions this year and some of them are mentioned on my previous resolutions:
- Read more physical books. I enjoyed reading using my e-reader lately that have abandoned the books on my shelves. I’ll catch up with my physical books and get a book light.
- Clean up the e-ARCs. I was able to clean up my 2016 arcs. Thank goodness. About time to tackle all my 2017 e-ARCs.
- BookSale Hunt. YES. I found great books on our local secondhand bookstore. Cheers to more book gems!
- Read more Underrated and Indie books. Some underrated and indie books have amazing stories and they need more recognition.
- Read variety of books. Most of the books I’ve read are romance novels and I was able to explore its sub-genres. It’s still a success since I’ve read a few that are outside romance. I want to do it again this year because it’s always refreshing to read something different.
- Read more Diverse and Thought Provoking books. Same as last year, I want to read more books about LGBTQA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender,Queer/Questioning, Asexual/Aromantic), Mental Illness (probably my fave diverse topic), Person of Color etc. and also books with subjects that will test my comfort zone. Controversial or not, I will give my feedback based on what I’ve read.
- Limit requesting/accepting ARCs. I’m going to limit and be selective on ARCs this year because my schedule is going to be busy and I might not beat the deadline.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to do the Pinay Bookaholic Recommends. I had a hard time catching up of what books to recommend. I don’t know if I should revive it and focus more on Romance novels. These are my bookish plans this year, what are your bookish plans this year?