This year I have read many good books and listed my favorite Books / Series of 2016, I also have books that disappointed me. Most of these books I’m going to mention have a rating of 3 stars and below and give a brief description why I didn’t like it. No hard feelings just in case I’ve mentioned your favorite book. 😉 This list is in no particular order.
- Madame X by Jasinda Wilder | This is an erotica-suspense book. I’m not a fan of the writing style as it switches from second person to first person. Often times it’s confusing. The romance in this book seems off and quite disturbing.
- Hush by E.K. Blair | The conclusion to the Black Lotus series pissed me off. Fucking shit caterpillars and Carnegie my ass. The first two books are promising and mind blowing.
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard | Honestly, this could have been a good sequel if only some parts didn’t dragged on and repetitive. Plus, the action scenes were rushed and I didn’t notice the battle was over.
- Blow by Heidi McLaughlin | Insta-love, toxic relationship, lack of development and unrealistic portrayal of addiction. Recovery process takes time and doesn’t disappear with a snap. Romance isn’t a cure to addiction.
- Dirty by Belle Aurora | I find Julius Carter’s story a filler and a tease. I don’t hate him, I just want a continuation to Twitch and Lexi’s story. TWITCH. NOW. JULIUS. LATER.
- The Crown by Kiera Cass | My ship fucking doomed. That is all. Eadlyn and the person she ended up with have no chemistry. It was forced.
- Never Never Part 3 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher | I have waited MONTHS for this conclusion and I’m dying to know the answers with all the craziness. Knowing these two authors can pull off crazy plot twists? In the end, it’s a lackluster when I thought this is going to be a mindfuck ending. Na-da.
- Evernight by Claudia Gray | Boring vampire story with an over-dramatic and clingy heroine.
Have you read any of these books? Let me know what your think of it. What is your most disappointing reads of 2016? Feel free to share on the comments. 🙂