This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. Out of the topics this month- Gateway books to our favorite genre. New Adult is one of my favorite genres of all time and here are the books I think would be great in exploring the New Adult genre.
- Easy by Tammara Webber – This is the first book that introduced me and made me love for the New Adult genre. The writing style, the story and the characters are amazing. I love the relationship development between the characters. Plus, it’s swoon worthy. I also love the emphasis of self-defense here. It’s nicely done.
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover – Of course, Colleen Hoover is included on my list. Actually, you can pick any book of hers to start but I choose Slammed because it’s somewhat in between YA and NA. If you’re a YA Reader and venturing to NA, this is a great book to start.
- Unteachable by Leah Raeder / Elliot Wake – If you’re looking for forbidden romance / student-teacher relationship, pick this book up. This book is a hidden gem in NA and it’s beautifully written. I love the characters in this book, they’re flawed, strong, edgy, and honest. Their emotions are raw and palpable. The chemistry is really good and intense.
- The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski – Words can’t express how beautiful this book is. It’s compelling, romantic, and breathtaking. The main characters are likable, their road trip and love story is one the best written.
- Butterfly Dreams by A. Meredith Walters – Mesmerizing writing style, slow burn romance and great character developments. A. Meredith Walters knows how to stir her readers’ emotions.
Have you read any of these books? If you’re a New Adult fan, what are the books you think are great starters? Feel free to share! Also, share your gateway books of your favorite genres. I would love to read your recommendations! 🙂