I was tagged by the lovely, Nicka of Readbynicka to do the Greek Mythology Tag. Thank you Nicka for tagging me! 😀
Zeus [Jupiter] | God of the Sky and Thunder | King of the Gods : Favorite Book (Choose your Own Category!)
- Aside from In the Company of Killers, one of my favorites this year is Sempre by J.M. Darhower which is a YA – NA mafia themed book [This year, mafia/assassin/mob/gang theme is my obsession]. The writing style is so good with amazing characters & family drama.
Hera [Juno] |Goddess of Marriage and Family : Cutest Book Couple
- I have multiple answers for this. My all time favorite couple is Juli Baker and Bryce Loski from Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen (both book and movie). I feel so giddy with their innocent, fluffly love story. So damn adorable!
Poseidon [Neptune] | God of the Seas and Earthquakes : Book That Drowned You with Feels
- I choose the second book of Emi Lost and Found series Time Stands Still by Lori L. Otto. My damn feels for this book. One of the best tearjerkers of all time. I still have to read the final book (My heart is too broken that’s why I haven’t read it yet. haha)
Athena (Minerva) | Goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Strategic Warfare: Series with the Best World Building
- Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi. The first book is challenging to read due to the unfamiliar terms used. What amazes me is the thrilling world building and the plot gets better as you go along the series. It’s one of those dystopia novels I want to see as a film. Much better in 3D. Give me some Smarteyes and Senses. (Not Aether storms. They’re scary.)
Hades (Pluto) | God of the Underworld : Favorite Book with a Dark / Ominous Plot
- Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas. I trust this author when it comes to YA mystery novels. This book might not be as mindfuck as Dangerous Girls but it has more gore and the characters are legit twisted.
Aphrodite (Venus) | Goddess of Love and Beauty : Most Beautiful Cover on 2016 release
- I’m a sucker for blue covers and Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven is totally my favorite cover of 2016. This is the third book in the Starcrossed series but can be read as a standalone.
Ares (Mars) | God of War and Bloodshed : Most Violent Book You’ve Read
- The Life of Anna novella series by Marissa Honeycutt. This book is also the darkest one I’ve ever read. It has a lot of trigger warnings [Taboo story, abuse in all forms and you don’t want me to mention it all here] and will test your comfort zone. I’ve only read part 1 and it drained me. Cringe-y
Hephaestus (Vulcan) | God of Blacksmiths and Fire : Scorching Hot Swoon Worthy Character
- I have to pick only ONE? Damn, I got a long list for this one. HAHA! The scorching hot swoon worthy character for me is Professor Gabriel Owen Emerson from Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard. HOT DAMN DANTE SPECIALIST. He’s romantic, passionate, sexy-inferno-hot guy. Just imagine David Gandy 😉 (You’re welcome!)
Artemis (Diana) | Goddess of the Hunt and Virginity : Favorite Kickass Heroine
- Without any doubt, Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Hands down for this woman. Why? She’s a professional hacker with a photographic memory, hates misogynists, Hurt her or her love ones – she’ll get a bigger weapon and do the worse. She’s one character that can never be underestimated. She’s dangerous despite of her fragility. She’s my spirit animal.
Phoebus Apollo | God of Light and Healing : Sequel Book that Redeemed its Series
- I really like City of Bones. However, I become more engrossed to continue The Mortal Instruments series because of City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. It has a huge improvement than the first one. 🙂
Hermes (Mercury) | Messenger God of Thieves and Commerce : Book with the Best Message
- For One More Day by Mitch Albom – Love, Appreciate and Spend Quality time with your parents. Don’t wait for the time you’ll regret that you weren’t able to show how much you love them once they leave this world.
Hestia (Vesta) | Goddess of the Hearth and Home : Book with the Most Relatable Story
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. There are times you feel left out on a group of friends and you had a hard time getting along with people. Sometimes you pretend to be someone just to get in the crowd. This book is truly relatable and touching. It makes me remember that each of us is unique, we can do what we want and just be yourself.
Demeter (Ceres) | Goddess of Fertility and Agriculture : Favorite Bookish Setting
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Always ❤
Dionysus (Bacchus) | God of Wine and Celebration : 2016 Release You are Most Anticipating
- Only a few days to go. Broken Prince by Erin Watt is coming out. MY GAME FACE IS ON FOR THIS BOOK.
I am tagging these lovely bloggers to do the tag:
and YOU! Please feel free to do this tag if you want to 😉