This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and with its new host, Sam of Thoughts on Tomes . You can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. The topic for this week is: Favorite Books Outside Your Comfort Zone. These includes the books that I don’t usually read or some books from other genres that aren’t my cup of tea but enjoyed.
- You by Caroline Kepnes [ Psychological Thriller ] – I seriously didn’t expect this book to be addictive and will leave you conflicted. It’s quite creepy because the main character is one lovable sick bastard.
- The Martian by Andy Weir [Sci-Fi ] – There are moments I’m overwhelmed by this book because of the science references. Mark Watney’s character is so good! He’s one funny nerd despite being stuck on Mars (which is scary). This book is a great survival story.
- Inferno by Dante Alighieri [Classics] – For someone who isn’t really a fan of classics.. Yes, I really enjoyed this book and I have yet to continue the rest of the books. Dante Alighieri went on a journey guided by Virgil through the circles of Hell. It’s challenging to read this as its told in poetry form and the words = EPISTAXIS.
- Killing Lincoln by Bill O’Reilly & Martin Dugard [Historical Non-Fiction] -This book was recommended to me by Lola Des (My grandfather’s younger sister). I’m not familiar with American Civil War but I’m fascinated with Pres. Abraham Lincoln (It started when I’ve read Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith) and his contributions in America.
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden [Historical Fiction / Asian Literature ] – I’ve watched the movie first when I was in high school for English Class. I forgot the story and decided to read it. The writing style is compelling and easy to get into the story as we get to know the culture of Japan, specifically for Geishas.
Have you read any of these books? What are your thoughts and what are your favorite books that are out of your comfort zones? Feel free to share! 🙂 Have a lovely Wednesday everyone!