I stumble on this new tag and I really like the questions. If I’m going to be the ruler of books, these are the things that I want to do in my bookish world. This tag is created by Ariel Bissett (click her name to watch the original tag video). Let’s get this started:
What book would you make everyone read?
- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. This is probably one of the most underrated YA novel I’ve encountered. The innocence, realistic and genuine love story captivated me. Also, there are other issues tackled
What would you abolish in book construction?
- Excerpts / Teasers. There are moments you want to take a sneak peek on the sequels or on the other books but I just don’t like the cliffhanger. Also, when you thought the book is 465 pages long.. the reality the excerpt for the sequel/other book is 30 pages long. [I just find it annoying]
What author would you commission to write you any book?
- Katja Millay. She is the author of The Sea of Tranquility and to be honest, her writing is beautiful and needs more appreciation. I definitely want her to write books more than ever.
What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books?
- Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James. Though I enjoyed books 2 and 3, this is an overrated erotica series and I’ll replace it with other ones that I think are written better.
What cover artist would you commission to make a mural?
- The cover artist for The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Helen Musselwhite.
What characters face would you put on a coin?
- Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Who wouldn’t love her? she’s one professor that I really adore.
What book would you award the “Ruler of Books” 2016 Prize to?
- In the Company of Killers series by J.A. Redmerski. At the moment, this series reigned on my Top Books of 2016 and I can’t separate them because all the 6 books that are currently out are equally brilliant and badass.
I am tagging these awesome people to do this tag:
- Ari of The Daydreaming Bookworm
- Pearl of Bibliopearl
- Tika of Fangirl Confessions
- Blessie of Mischievous Reads
- Michelle of Undeniably Book Nerdy
- Salve of Cuckoo For Books
- Talina of Sassy and Dangerous
- Sophie of Sophie Series
- Kassidy of Kassidy Voinche
- JM of Book Freak Revelations
- Jam of Heartscent Reads
If you aren’t tag and you want to do it, please feel free to do this. 🙂 It’s really fun!