It’s been a while since I posted something random. Previously, I posted about book series I’ll not be continuing and today, I will mention the books or series that I have no interest in reading anymore. It’s been years I have added lots of books on my TBR and as time goes on, my reading tastes starts to change. My interest on these books paled and just lost my interest. Some of them are hyped and well loved by many readers. If I mentioned your favorite, don’t be mad at me. These are my personal opinions. Without further ado, here are the books:
- Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner – I heard so many mixed reviews about this trilogy. It’s been a while since I’ve read a book that focuses on dystopia. Also, I heard that the movie adaptation was way better.
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – Aside from the fact that the books are huge, this fantasy series is well loved by many. I wasn’t really a fan of medieval stuffs I guess? or High fantasy overwhelms me at times? I don’t know. I actually tried watching the TV show but I find it boring that I fell asleep on two episodes while my aunt is watching. (My opinion. don’t hate me)
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – I bet you are internally “Avada Kedavra-ing” me. This is overhyped and it’s a historical fiction (which are hit or miss for me. Like Fantasy). These two factors kinda put me off.
- any book by J.C. Cliff – you know about this issue. I don’t support badly behaving, unprofessional authors. Sorry…but not really
- Half Bad trilogy by Sally Green – I wasn’t really hooked by its summary and lots of mixed reviews on Goodreads. So.. nope.
- The Siren by Kiera Cass – I do love her books but this one.. I’m not interested in it.
- Life and Death: Twilight 10th Anniversary Edition by Stephenie Meyer – Gender swapping of original characters. Cool concept but is it really necessary? Nope. The story will be the same. I think she should focus on the Host sequels.
- Armada by Ernest Cline – I like Ready Player One but it wasn’t my favorite. I love video games but the info overload gives me headache.I expected this one has a lot of it.
- The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater – I’m not interested on Werewolves and I keep putting this off for such a longtime until I lost my interest.
- Endgame series by James Frey – I didn’t like The Lorien Legacies series.. so nah. (He’s Pittacus Lore)
- Blue Bloods by Melissa Dela Cruz – This was recommended to me by a friend. I kinda feel bad of not reading this anymore. My interest just changed.
- Halo series by Alexandra Adornetto – I love books with Fallen Angels but my friend told me it’s really bad and boring. So yeah, not gonna happen. I trust my friend on that
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – I was private reading this one time after my exams. I’ve read the first few pages and ending up putting it back on the shelves and pick another book. (The premise is really boring.)
- Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire – It’s Travis Maddox’s point of view in Beautiful Disaster. I heard nothing special happens and not necessary to read.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell – I don’t know if this is a sequel or a companion novel to Fangirl (which I haven’t read). Some kind of a fanfiction or something. I’m turned off with its hype.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – Again, hyped book. So yeah. I’m sorry guys. The hype just killed my mood to read this.
These are the books that I have no interest in reading (s0 far). What are the books that you don’t have plans on reading? Let me know on the comments below 🙂