Hello everyone! It’s TOP 5 WEDNESDAY. This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and you can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page. I missed the other two topics, so I’m gonna share to you my Books I Did Not Finish (DNF) . Please don’t be mad at me if I mentioned the books you love, these books aren’t my cup of tea. Sorry! 😉
The Books I DNF:
- Just One Year by Gayle Forman – I shamelessly DNF the conclusion for the Just One Day duology. Let’s say that this isn’t the one I’m expecting to turn out. How I wish the novella SHOULD BE the sequel instead of this. *sighs*
- After You by Jojo Moyes – SURPRISE! (or not?) As much as I love Me Before You, I prefer it as a standalone. This sequel isn’t necessary anymore. For real. I just want to leave MBY as is.
- Love Lies Beneath by Ellen Hopkins – I received an ARC of this book and it happens to be my first Ellen Hopkins book (though I know her well known novels like Crank). Unfortunately, this book frustrated me. I didn’t like the main character and the story itself made my eyes rolled.
- Broken Play by Samantha Kane – I’m not a fan of the author’s writing style and the story is pretty boring. Even the kinky shits. naaah.
- Underwater by Julia McDermott – I tried my best to get into the story but I just couldn’t connect with the story and not really my cup of tea.
What are the books you did not finish and why? Have you read any of these books? feel free to share your thoughts on the comments.