I’m back recommending some New Adult books! Here are some of the New Adult books that I really enjoyed and I would love to share these books to you. 🙂 As always, these books are recommended for 18+. Read Responsibly!
Butterfly Dreams by A. Meredith Walters
She’s waiting to die. . . . Corin Thompson is paralyzed by her obsession with mortality. Having lost both of her parents, she is terrified by the idea that she too will die young, and she loses control at any sign of illness. But when Corin connects with someone who has survived a very real brush with death, she begins to see the world in a whole new way.
He’s learning to live. . . . As Corin struggles under the weight of her neuroses, Beckett Kingsley is attempting to rebuild a life that feels all too temporary. With the ever-present threat of heart failure never far from his mind, he just wants to make the most of whatever time he has left. And that means pursuing the girl he never expected to find.
Together, Corin and Beckett finally learn to let go of their fears and take solace in everyday pleasures. Who knows what the future holds? After all, nothing lasts forever—the only promise they have is right now.
Why read this book?
- Diversity. A woman who is obsessed with mortality and a man who has genetic heart condition. I haven’t encountered a new adult novel with this kind of pair. I also love the slow burn romance and the author’s compelling writing style.The pacing might be slow at first but KEEP GOING. It gets better as you go along. I highlighted so many lines. I am mesmerized (Read my full thoughts here)
What other readers thought of it?
- “Let me just say, this story was BEAUTIFUL! It is far from your fluffy, cute contemporary read. It is not like your typical new adult book where boy meets girl and they quickly fall in love and live happily ever after. NO, this story is so much more. The pacing for this book is a lot slower, but it is necessary because our two characters are dealing with a boat load of issues. I think the way the author handled mental health was on point. She doesn’t sugar coat anything.” (Ari from The Daydreaming Bookworm)
- “[A.]Meredith Walters wrote one of the most exquisite, if not, the most astounding novel I’ve read this year. I can’t count the number of times I punched my bed and wet my pillows because of all the tears that fell from my eyes. There were a million butterflies in my stomach until I read the last page. It was so beautiful!” ( Claire- The Coffeeholic Bookworm via Goodreads)
In the Company of Killers series by J.A. Redmerski
From New York Times, USA Today & Wall Street Journal bestselling author J.A. Redmerski, comes a dangerous and boundary-pushing new crime and suspense series, In the Company of Killers.
Why read this series?
- I am going to say all the things I love about this series (This is long. Pls stick with me). J.A. Redmerski, she’s known for The Edge Duology: The Edge of Never and The Edge of Always – Two of my favorite NA novels of all time and she is also one of my favorite NA Authors. Does it have the same ambiance as The Edge Duology? No. This is a HUGE step up and I didn’t expect Ms. Redmerski will pull off a twisted, dark story and I am absolutely speechless. This series is superb, badass, action-packed, thrilling and will truly put you on the edge of your seats because of the plot twist. I am currently obsessing on this series (by far my favorite reads of 2016) and I’ve only knew a few people who have read this. This is one of the most underrated series that deserved all the love and recognition. The characters here are flawed but they have fantastic character developments. These assassins are just equally badass and talk about hot men 😉. Reading this series is like you’re watching a movie and all you need is a bag of popcorn.I’m waiting for the 6th book and I hope it’s not the last one.
- WARNING: Recommended for 18+ some scenes might make you uncomfortable like violence, abuse, sex, and dark theme. It’s up to you to go out of your comfort zones 😉 The third book is by far the darkest and I consider that one as an Adult book. Again, WARNING.
My thoughts on each books:
What other readers thought of this?
- “Oh man. This book was like a drug, I craved every messed up page.” (Riley Marie via Goodreads) [Killing Sarai]
- “What I really really love about this series is that it keeps growing bigger and bigger with each book. Because the first two books solely focused on Victor and Izabel and their story and then as the books progressed, they introduced you to some of the people in Victor’s inner circle and starts to follow them. You can see their struggles with kind of living this life. It’s very obvious in these books that living in this kind of assassin life is not glamorous and you really can’t form relationship with other people, because all the relationships equals weakness and I love that running theme throughout the entire series so far.” (Lainey from ginggerreadslainey -> click to watch the entire In the Company of Killers | non-spoiler series review)
The Deal by Elle Kennedy
Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.
…and it’s going to be oh so good
All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.
Why read this book?
- If you’re looking for a well-written sports romance, Off-Campus series is highly recommended. This is a great start for the series. It’s hilarious, romantic, entertaining and has lots of shenanigans. The romance will definitely make you swoon. Many thanks to Ate Grace for recommending this book to me! 😀 (Read my full thoughts here)
What other readers thought about it?
- “I’ll say right off the bat that this is the best college romance I’ve read in ages! The story, the characters, dialogues…ooh, I’m sure glad I took a chance with this one and it totally paid off” (Arch Bala via Goodreads)
- Check out this quirky 5 Reasons Why You Should NOT pick up The Deal by Blessie from Mischievous Reads –> click to read her thoughts
Have you read any of these books? Feel free to share your thoughts on the comments! Happy reading lovelies! 🙂