There are some series that I started but I haven’t continue due to the following reasons:
- I keep waiting for the sequel to be released.
- A sequel was published, I’m not in the mood to read them.
- The story went downhill. No character developments. No world building.
- I got bored and put it on pending or DNF.
- Negative Reviews.
- Nothing much happens. I simply lost my interest.
As much as possible, I complete a book series. Everything still depends on me if I wish to continue it or not. The series I’m going to mention here, I decided not to pick it up again. I lost my motivation to do so.
Disclaimer: If I ever mentioned your favorite series on my list, please don’t be mad. These are just my opinions and I don’t wish to offend anyone with my reasons. Thank you. Without furthere ado, Here are some of the series that I’m not continuing:
The Chemical Garden trilogy by Lauren DeStefano
- The first book is indeed fascinating dystopian novel with a dark concept.I gave it 4/5 stars. However, the sequel just went downhill for me. I’m sort of looking for an explanation what happens in their world, I didn’t get that. Instead, nothing significant happens. Na-da. I’m disappointed.
Fallen series by Lauren Kate
- I’ve only read the first book and I didn’t enjoy it as much as I wanted to. It was an OK start but I’m just not interested what happens next.
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs
- Hahaha! Sorry for those of you who loved this series but I’m not that hooked on the writing style. The photographs being related to the story is really cool. The build-up of the story is so slow and less character interaction took me a while to finish it. I’ve read Hollow City and it’s a little better. I liked it. It’s just that I’m not invested with it. I might watch the movie because I think it will look better on it. (just my opinion)
Wallbanger series by Alice Clayton
- Seriously filled with shenanigans and sexual innuendos. (Only for 18+ readers) Wallbanger made me laugh at some point. Rusty Nailed just… lost its charm. Clive the Cat is the reason why I finished it.
The Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore
- Yes. Shamelessly not finishing this series. I gave the first book 2/5 stars and I wasn’t invested with the story. Thhe movie version was okay and I find it slightly better than the book. Still, not enough for me to be hooked in this series. I just can’t.
Warm Bodies series by Isaac Marion
- Not pretty much of a zombie novel fan. The story has its serious tone and the pacing is too slow that it puts me on a reading slump. Here is another case that I like the movie better.
This Man trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- The male protagonist is super alpha possessive. He’s so annoying and it’s hard to tolerate this man. 40+ missed calls to the female protagonist because she didn’t answer her phone? he wants her immediately even if it’s not compatible to her work schedule? NOPE. (This is an erotica novel. so only for 18+)
Do you have any book series that you aren’t going to continue? Feel free to share it on the comments below. 🙂