I guess this is my first T5W post for 2016 and I’m very excited for this week’s topic: Disappointing Eye Candy Books [Beautiful Covers with awful stories]. This weekly meme is created by Lainey of Ginger Reads Lainey and you can check out the weekly topics on the Top 5 Wednesday – Goodreads Page.
Please don’t hate me if I ever post a book that you like/love. These are just my personal opinions. 🙂 Peace guys!
Here are the books:
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano – I really like Wither but this sequel is enough for me not to proceed on the final book. Nothing much happens and it really didn’t answer my question on the first book. Read my full thoughts here.
- The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak – I always love contemporary novels with beautiful covers like this. However the chemistry between the characters is lackluster and it didn’t really gave me the feels. Plus, it’s an insta-love. Full review posted here.
- Just One Year by Gayle Forman – I am very disappointed with this sequel. It is told in Willem’s perspective but it’s not the one I’m expecting. If you want to know what to know on what’s left on Just One Day, just jump on the novella.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – It’s truly an eye-candy book because it looks like a YA Horror novel. Apparently, it’s not. The concept is amusing but I wasn’t a fan of its writing style. I was really bored and the pacing is excruciatingly slow. The story is okay but I’m not really a fan of it.
- Never Never Part 3 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher – Look at how mysterious and intriguing it is. The cover is just gorgeous. After waiting for a long time for this final novella, I can’t help expressing my disappointment. I’m so underwhelmed.
What are your disappointing eye candy books? Have you read any of these? Feel free to share your thoughts on the comments. 🙂