It’s time for another book tag. Thank you JM of Book Freak Revelations for tagging me to do the RIP IT OR SHIP IT Book tag. I’ve seen this a lot on YouTube. It’s really funny when characters from different books are paired up. Some of them are interesting and some of are just.. NO WAY. I wrote the character names in tiny pieces of papers and just pick them randomly. Without further ado, let’s begin.
Celia Bowen (The Night Circus) and Perry (Under the Never Sky)
- I say RIP IT. These two are like “The Past & The Future” Celia is a magician from 1800’s and Perry is from the tribe of Tides in a post- apocalyptic world. They may be an interesting pair but Celia wants a guy who can challenge her with more magic. Sorry, Perry’s sense ability isn’t enough to compete with that.
Mara Dyer (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer) and Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass)
- I say SHIP IT. Two badass heroines. Quite destructive and balanced at the same time. Dark & Light. You know what I mean. I think Celaena can break Mara’s walls. I’m sure Mara will give her a hard time but she’ll enjoy it because Celaena isn’t a girl who gives up easily. She’s inquisitive and sarcastic.
Harry Potter (Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone) & Kaidan Rowe (Sweet Evil)
- I say RIP IT. I can’t imagine this one. OMG. OBLIVIATE. CRUCIO. IMPERIO. AVADA KEDAVRA THIS. NOW. The boy who lived/ the greatest wizard of all time and The Son of Duke of Lust Pharzuph will never work. NOPE.
Clary Fray (City of Bones) & Day Wing (Legend)
- I say RIP IT. Clary may be into bad boys but Day will not be able to tolerate Clary. She’s too whiny.
Magnus Bane (City of Bones) & Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
- I say RIP IT. Holy Guacamole. This seriously happened. Warlock & Wizard. Great combination. Magnus Bane is into guys but not like Snape. He loves HUNKS. Snape.. well.. his heart is only for (*zips mouth because SPOILERS for those who haven’t read Harry Potter)
Beatrice Prior (Divergent) & Kenji Kishimoto (Shatter Me)
- I say SHIP IT. This is so legit. You might think this is RIP because of Allegiant. Screw that for a moment because let’s give Kenji a love life! Kenji is a great motivator and he will definitely do this on Tris to break out of her shell. He’s just.. OMG. I love this guy.
Alice Cullen (Twilight) & Dimitri Belikov (Vampire Academy)
- I say SHIP IT. Very interesting. The vampire who can see the future and the brooding Dhampir warrior. Both got the fighting skills and kick-ass in their own way. Alice is sweet, intelligent and charming though Dimka is into reckless women. It will take time for these two to develop their feelings. SLOW BURN ROMANCE IS ON. (We need more of it in YA)
Adrian Ivashkov (Bloodlines) & Rosemary Hathaway (Vampire Academy)
- I say RIP IT. You know what happened on Last Sacrifice. HAHA
Bella Swan (Twilight) & Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix)
- I say RIP IT. I bet Bellatrix is chanting “I killed Bella Swan” in a sing song voice by now.
Sydney Sage (Bloodlines) & Tobias Eaton (Divergent)
- I say SHIP IT. It took me a while to think about it. An alchemist and a man from Dauntless. They are both loyal on their respective governments until the see anomalies. These two are also dedicated and hardworking. I think they are compatible since they have lots of similarities. On a serious thought, this pair will work it out.
Lisbeth Salander (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) & Joe Goldberg (You)
- I say SHIP IT. SHIP.IT. I’m cackling like a hyena when I picked their names. Oh my fucking gosh. This is the most interesting pair I’ve ever picked. I’m not kidding. The goth, badass hacker and the hopeless romantic, stalking psychopath? Holy shit. I LOVE THIS. So complicated. So dysfunctional. If these two have a lovers quarrel… WEAPONS OUT. IT’S WAR. Damn intense of killing each other.. then make up for it? DAMN.
I am tagging these wonderful bloggers:
- Shealea of That Bookshelf Bitch
- Eunice of Nerdy Talks Book Blog
- Ricah of Book Blogging With Ricah
- JL of PER-Ə-ˌDÄKS
- Luucy of Making Days Better
If you want to do this tag.. Feel free to do it! I’m officially tagging you 😉