Goodbye 2015….Hello 2016!
A new reading year officially begins and I’m really excited about it. I haven’t really come up any new ideas for my blog other than the Pinay Bookaholic Recommends , where I suggest books to read according to age groups – Young Adult, New Adult and Adult. I’m going to do more of these in the upcoming weeks (depending on my schedule).
This year, I’m going to participate on the 2016 Popsugar Reading Challenge (click to view the list/information) and 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge. I set my challenge to 50 books but I might increase the number later on depending on my reading pace.
Also, I have a couple of bookish resolutions. At the end of the year, hopefully I can do all of these. (Crossing my fingers)
- I will not join the bandwagon. Last year, there are LOTS of hyped books. Like others, I want to join in but I don’t want to force myself reading a book when I’m not in the mood to read it. I’ll end up ranting and express my disappointment. I certainly don’t want that to happen.
- Read 5 physical books before buying a new book. Yes my dear friends, I’m so going to do this. I have books here that’s on my shelf for YEARS and I haven’t read them yet. I should read them first before buying a new one. That will save up my budget for other things.
- Read Everything. If you knew me, I don’t stick to one genre. As always, I read randomly. Every year, this is my resolution and I want to keep it that way. You’ll never knew the beauty of a story unless you read them. Even if it is out of your comfort zone. Just give them a shot. (However, don’t read books that is not appropriate for your age. READ RESPONSIBLY KIDS.)
- Read more Underrated Books. There are more stories out there that deserved the hype they don’t get.
- Read more Diverse Books. YES. This is what I want this year. Read more books about LGBTQA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender,Queer/Questioning, Asexual/Aromantic), Mental Illness (probably my fave diverse topic), Person of Color etc..
- Clean up the e-ARCs. I still have pending e-ARCs to read and review. I must clean them up before requesting. Also, I have to maintain my NetGalley Feedback ratio. (Sorry authors/publishers if I haven’t review them on time!)
- Book Discussions? Probably. I’m going to give this a try. I just need an inspiration of a topic. Feel free to leave a suggestion too.
- BookSale Hunt. This is a secondhand book store here in the Philippines. I always enjoy hunting good titles on this store. May the odds be ever on my favor.
These are by far my resolutions this year. What are your bookish thoughts this year?