This tag is created by Lainey of gingerreadslainey. For the Goodreads Group: Top 5 Wednesday to check for every week’s topic. For this week’s topic: Halloween Recommendations! Time for some spooky reads or probably horror movie recommendations. 🙂
True Philippine Ghost Stories
- Throwback to my Elementary Days when I’m into short stories than novels. TPGS (True Philippine Ghost Stories) is a compilation of stories by those people who have supernatural encounters or experiences. I used to collect several volumes and read it before my classes starts. Some of them are legit and creepy and some are quite hard to believe. Still, I enjoyed reading it.
The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco
- I’ve read this recently and I really like the story. It reminds me of The Grudge and The Ring movies – Japanese version, which scared the heck out of me. This is definitely a quick read. Check out my full review here.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Just looking at the cover it seems pretty mysterious and creepy. You know what, it is creepy and unpredictable. This is a psychological thriller / paranormal romance. It’s fun reading this and make your own theory of what happens next. Tip: If you don’t have the second book and you are reading this, GRAB IT. It’s a cliffhanger. Read my review here.
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
- This is one of those books with an easy writing style but will put you on the edge of your seat. I started this book around 7pm and ended up sleeping around 4 am. I had goose bumps. I couldn’t sleep. The ambiance was really scary and made me nervous. Ten teens. Three Days. One Killer. –> seriously. You just want to find out who’s the killer. You can read my full thoughts here.
Dark Secrets 1: Legacy of Lies & Don’t Tell by Elizabeth Chandler
- I picked this book randomly because it’s on sale and decided to give it a try. I didn’t expect that this will make me shiver. It contains two mystery/thriller stories which are fast-paced and enjoyable. I like them both.
Horror movie recommendation (Additional):
(Left to Right: Shutter, The Grudge: Ju-On, A Tale of Two Sisters, Feng Shui, The Eye) – These movies might be old, but THEY ARE AWESOME AND SCARED THE HECK OUT OF ME!
What are your Halloween Recommendations? Have you read or watched any of these? Feel free to share in the comments 😉