I’m tagged by the lovely Yvonne of A World Between Folded Pages to do the How I Read Book Tag. Thank you for tagging me, Yvonne! Definitely go check out her blog. She’s awesome and I love her posts! 🙂
How do you find about new books to read?
- Usually, I browse on Goodreads. It’s such a good website to discover new books to read. I also discovered new books to read from my bookish friends.
How did you get into reading?
- I love books since I was a kid. It all started with story books, and trivial books like World Almanac and Circling the Globe. I guess my reading habit seemed to be more interesting during 6th grade when I used to collect True Philippine Ghost Stories. It’s an anthology wherein people share stories about their supernatural encounters or experiences. It’s a bunch of short stories that I enjoyed.
- As for novels, Harry Potter series and Twilight Saga really got me into reading. That was during my High School years. Then, I started to explore more and here I am. I still love books.
How has your tastes in books changed as you got older?
- Usually, I always settle on Young Adult books. It can be Paranormal, Contemporary Romance, Dystopia, or Fantasy. As I grow older, I started exploring New Adult and Adult Romance novels even the genres I’m not really into like Mystery Thrillers.
How often do you buy books?
- It depends. Whenever I find a good title on a bargain bookstore, I tend to buy it. Sometimes, when I’m stressed I buy one book or when I achieved something, I reward myself with one book. Yep. It just go random.
How did you get into reviewing books?
- It started with Goodreads. I’ve been reviewing books for 4 years though it’s more of a short / brief kind of review. I just pour out my thoughts on the books I’ve read and yeah it’s good. I started blogging around two years ago just to explore and it’s fun.
How do you react when you don’t like the end of a book?
- Frustrated. I tend to rant if I don’t like the ending. I let it all out on my review but I have to be careful on choosing words so not to offend anyone. I have to be honest to what I feel even if the book has a lot positive reviews.
How often do you take a sneak peek at the ending to see if there is a happy ending?
- NEVER. Seriously, I never spoil myself in the end. I just go with the flow and prepare to be surprised. Whatever happens.. happens. Just in case it’s not a happy ending, I have some tissues beside me.
I’m tagging these awesome people to do this tag: