It’s October? What? Time flies by too fast and I’m here to do again the Top 5 Wednesday. This tag is created by Lainey of gingerreadslainey. For the Goodreads Group: Top 5 Wednesday to check for every week’s topic. I skipped the previous topic which is the Top Graphic Novels because I haven’t read that much of it but I’m planning to get into it soon. So, feel free to leave me some recommendations. Going back, this week’s topic is Favorite Diverse Characters! These characters maybe a person with color, have different race, LGBTQ, characters with disability and mental illness, etc. Just not the typical ones we see in books.
Here are my favorite diverse characters:
Sephy Hadley – Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman
- Sephy is a dark skinned lady. In their world, dark skinned people (Noughts) rule the government and majority of them are rich while the white people (Crosses) are the laboring class. In their society, they must stick in their own kind or they suffer on the consequences. I love Sephy because she treats both kinds with respect and she wants equality on their society. She couldn’t stand how other Noughts treat the Crosses and she stood up for them despite carrying her family name (his father is part of the government).
Will Traynor – Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Yes lovely people. I love Will Traynor so much. He is a quadriplegic man who determined to end his life. Before his accident, he is a successful, rich, businessman and an adventurer. I love his sarcasm, and boldness. He is a motivator to Louisa Clark. I just love this man, okay? ❤
Alex Ridgemont – Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- She is an interesting, unreliable character. Alex suffers from Schizophrenia, so there are times she doesn’t know the difference between the reality and hallucination. Despite of battling a mental illness, she tries her best to be normal and get along with other people. Aside from that, I like her wits. I am seriously entertained with her character.
Moses Wright – The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon
- Another favorite character of mine. Moses is a person with color. He’s dark skinned and flawed.He’s a crack baby (being left by his drug addict mother on a laundry basket). Growing up on a small town, people are scared of him. He wasn’t a type of person who gets along. He’s just messed up but his ability? it’s special. Really special artist.. (I can’t tell you about it because that will be a spoiler.) I am amazed by his talent.
Magnus Bane – City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Oh yes friends! How can I not resist my favorite Demon Warlock? The sexy Magnus Bane!! YES! He is charming, witty, attractive, powerful and sexy . Alec, you one lucky bastard! He’s somewhat Asian as well. (as far as I can remember)
How about you? who are your favorite diverse characters? what are the characteristics you like in them? feel free to share on the comments! 🙂